• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2019

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Interesting summary Whistle. City weren’t that impressive up here so I think Aggies might win that one. Waratahs might get a surprise. Blacks have a new Fijian import. Has impressed at training during the week.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Ag v City and Tumut v Leeton are two matches that will be important markers for the season. Travel will be an influence for the Blacks, hopefully they can come across with reasonable numbers.

It's looking like it'll be a cool, clear, dry weekend for footy across the region tomorrow which should really set a platform for some positive, open play.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Re new Blacks Fijian player Whistle. Just heard he’s a big athletic guy. Showed good skills at training. The person I was talking to thought he played somewhere in the forwards. First look at him live streaming tomorrow. I hope the bus is full. Very disappointed if it isn’t. On another point Whistle, good to see one of our ex Blacks juniors running out to play 1sts for North Sydney v Sydney University last weekend. Zane Hogan. He’s only 19.

Old Fart

Stan Wickham (3)
Will be a cracker at the University tomorrow, will decide whether these teams are the real deal.
Gerard McTaggart back in the nine, thought the young man who filled in against Tumut is unlucky not to be given a second crack, played exceptionally.
Got to love the atmosphere of an Aggies home ground these days, free entry and bring the esky that’s what country footy is about

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
PS - Leeton apparently forfeited 2nd Grade against Tumut which is not a good sign - It was the first time Leeton had to Travel this year and they couldn't take 2 Grades - Poor Show by the Phantoms

Let's put that forfeit into perspective too...
Hay played Tumut in 3rds on Saturday and took about 10 girls up to the hills also.

But, the biggest wrap needs to go to the Hay prop who drove from Mildura to Tumut for a run. That's commitment.

Surely it'd be easier to get a run in Adelaide? He must be chasing something in Hay?

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Agree Whistle. Great summary. Was talking to a Griffith player this week. 2 new players from Fiji (imports). Unprecedented training no.s. Confidence is there. Very interesting match up against the impressive Aggies. Interesting to see if Leeton have 2nd grade this week.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Griffith at home and with a few fresh faces will be hard to get past, however.... it looks like Chris Latu is sitting out this week, hopefully he's not injured. He's definitely a damaging ball runner who creates space around the opposition 5/8. I reckon Ben Brook will be breathing a sigh of relief about not having to match up against Latu.

I reckon the Albury v Tumut game will be pretty tight, the difference will potentially be in the reserves for both teams. Tumut have had a reasonably strong 2nd Grade for a few season's now. How will Tumut fare without the services of Harrison "Dancefloor" Friswell at #10?

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Via the DA

SOUTHERN INLAND REPRESENTATIVE SQUAD

Tom Boyle, Liam Krautz (Albury), Gabe Brown, Matt Harris, Lochie Ramm (Ag College), James Curgenven, Nathan Seymour, Jayden Stanton (Wagga City), Andries De Meyer, Apimeleki Kaloudonu, David Serukai (Griffith), Stephen Gill, Tom Mouat, Coen Potter, Vaughn Scott, Menzies Seumanutafa, (Tumut), Sam Hobbs, Harry Hosegood, Callum Ramm, Rob Wiltshire (Waratahs), Eroni Naua, Sainivalati Ratudradra, Semi Rokodinono (Leeton)

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Firstly, yourmatesam please note that Latu wasn't listed in Griffith's team last week either - he'll be there tomorrow unless his RL Team has a Saturday match and Aggies will be on the receiving end big time from him along with a few of Latu's Team Mates, this will be Aggies toughest match of the season so far I reckon.
Tumut might have more depth than Albury but the style of play that the Bulls produce year after year and week after week isn't going to win them a Competition in my humble opinion - they are an honest & hard working unit but their predictable and grinding play holds no surprises for stronger opposition Teams

The Rep Side - how can a couple of players (From Waratahs Of Course) get selected in the Rep Team without Training or playing in any Trials?- this is terribly unfair to those players who did their share of travelling to get considered for selection.

If they didn't make themselves available when required at the start of the season - don't pick them

No doubt the Powers of be will come up with some gobbildy Gook reason why they were selected - I feel sorry for the guys who were ignored after giving their best

Do you have proof that these players haven’t trained or nominated? Or are you assuming.

One minute it’s rubbish because the best aren’t there, now it’s rubbish because they are but not as you want it. Can’t please some.

Side note. Positive news on the local boys see ted in the ACT schools training squad. 5 from the zone I think it was. Well done all

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
No Group 20 games listed to be played on Saturday Reasoning/Sam re Chris Latu. I don’t think that’s what Reasoning is saying Mauler.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
You’re well connected reasoning if you’ve seen the original nominations?!?!?!
Either board, SIRU office or Rep coaching group I’d think...

Maybe we’ll talk to the SIRU office and get them to run the selection by you in the future?

It amazes me how the tin foil brigade read into things round here.

Side note. Pretty strong squad I’d think with 15 returning rep footballers from my count especially If the biggest complaint is that argueably the top scrum half in the zone has been selected (despite the “the best don’t want to play” chat)

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Poor Response indeed - I just feel sorry for the guys who really wanted to play for SIRU - put their hand up attending Training and Trials and were told 'Thanks" but "No Thanks"
Probably 3 SIRU Club sides could win the Brumbies Provincial C'Ship so I won't be able to get too emotional when they do their Lap of Honour on June 8
Lets hope SIRU holds a review of the Seniors Rep Program next year and asks the people responsible for this year's debacle to politely stand aside

My winners tomorrow are City, Albury, Waratahs and Ag College
It still looks like an open Competition this year but Waratahs are still hot favourites to go back to back

Regardless of how rep looks you’d never be happy.
Big call naming it a debacle when the champs haven’t happened yet.
Also you’re happy enough to throw darts. Give the people who you feel need to step aside names and put your real name on it... we might have meaningful conversations after that

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Aggies simply too good. No Chris Latu which is a big out I suppose. Re rep selection issue (Reasoning). Really surprised at response from Mauler. He championed the system structured by siru. Does the siru board support this selection that ignores the system they themselves must have voted on? Surely that selector or those selectors have to be sacked and replaced by people who will work within the guidelines of the siru representative selection system. The player must be replaced by another player who has followed the correct procedures. Ie. nominated trained trialled.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Sackings. Wow.

Put up or shut up.

This line of chat is pathetic. The whole zone gets that three blokes hiding online hate rep.
Unless you’re willing to help you can wrap it up.

Nick McCarthy

Frank Row (1)
Hi All,
New here. Interesting opinions from a few blokes here.
I’m happy to discuss over the phone or in person the perceived faults of our (very successful) rep program.
You can get my contact details from Zac or Jack at the SIRU office.
All the best
Nick

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
I don’t really think I’m hiding Mauler. Don’t hate rep. I’ve always said the best scenario would be to attend a weekend carnival to play other country zones. I get it that’s not going to happen. It is what it is. Nick just read your post. No need for phone calls etc. If you just clarify the situation. Did your representative program have a selection criteria of nominating, training and trialling? Is there anyone selected in the squad who didn’t fulfil the criteria? Are there unselected players who did fulfil the selection criteria?

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
I don’t really think I’m hiding Mauler. Don’t hate rep. I’ve always said the best scenario would be to attend a weekend carnival to play other country zones. I get it that’s not going to happen. It is what it is.

You’re talking sackings over a selection...
The rep negativity has lost the plot.

Take coach McCarthy up on his offer and call him.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Righto. Enough of that.
PB hearing good things about your boys currently. The more Latu plays the better I reckon. Also heard that the new 7 is a gun and am impressed with the 10 Dave Serukai. Hope you fellas can keep him long term.

Albury look to have turned a corner. Krautz and Le Cornu make a huge difference. Boyle still to come back in here.
Tumut turned the corner the other direction. Struggling on the road massively. I’m sure the boys in the hills will work through this. 3 major season Enders in that backline is showing.

Tahs getting the job done and I’m not sure they’ve hit their straps yet.
City come from behind one man down is very impressive.
Ag College rolling well without McTaggert and Duffy. Big ins for later in the season.
Leeton up and down.

I can see 4 sides who wouldn’t be out of place as the last side in the finals. Albury the impressive ones here currently. I can’t currently find my 4th finalist.