• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRAU RD 8 - Reds v Brumbies

dru

Tim Horan (67)
don't think the Tahs will give us back Wood after his performance last week.

I'd go:

15 Campbell
14 Daugunu
13 Paisami
12 Stewart
11 Petaia
10 O'Connor
9 McDermott
8 Wilson
7 McReight
6 Scott-Young
5 Blyth
4 Salakai-Loto
3 Tupou
2 Mafi
1 Zander

16 Paenga-Amosa
17 Foutuiaka
18 Asiata
19 Smith / Uru
20 Uru / Wright
21 Sorovi
22 Flook
23 Hegarty

Awesome. Personally I'd swap BPA and Mafi. I'm still uncomfortable with 12 Stewart 13 Paisami - but it likely is strongest for Reds. Uru definitely runs on from the bench 19/20 is just about whether or not Wright is ready.

Awesome selections, Reg.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I know he doesn’t deserve it but I want to persevere with Petaia at 13 and have your young gun Droasese on the wing. The more time Petaia gets at 13 the better for him and Aus Rugby.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I know he doesn’t deserve it but I want to persevere with Petaia at 13 and have your young gun Droasese on the wing. The more time Petaia gets at 13 the better for him and Aus Rugby.

Don't disagree, but at the moment 12 Stewart 13 Paisami has some kudos that 12 Paisami 13 Petaia just does not.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Was it a coincidence that Stewart starts at 12 and our defense is excellent... I agree the Jordie is the better player, but Stewart is the better player for the team. I'd have Hamish & Hunter, if Jordie plays on the wing or whatever I'm not fussed about. But the Reds still have options dispite Vuni being out.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Be interesting to see how they go, Hegarty at 15 against the Rebels was a tactical decision to counter To'omua boot which worked and could be merit in maintaining this week, but in previous years Jock has also been one of the better performers against the Brumbies.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Be interesting to see how they go, Hegarty at 15 against the Rebels was a tactical decision to counter To'omua boot which worked and could be merit in maintaining this week, but in previous years Jock has also been one of the better performers against the Brumbies.

On that rational, for which I think you are pretty close to the money I would be disappointed if they persisted with Hegerty this week as Banks is not that great with kick returns certainly no better then Jock.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Petaia just needs to be told to be patient and build up his confidence by doing little things right first. I'd rather see him develop a low error rate in contact and a good positional defensive game than his current method of trying to be the next sonny-bill in every game. Get into space, beat defenders, and don't lose the ball

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Only one change for the Reds with Wright replacing Blyth on the bench. Has Angus pissed Thorn off? I thought he was meant to be a mini-Thorn in waiting.

REDS(1-15): Feao Fotuaika, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Taniela Tupou, Ryan Smith, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Angus Scott-Young, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott, James O'Connor (c), Jock Campbell, Hamish Stewart, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, Bryce Hegarty
Reserves: Alex Mafi, Richie Asiata, Zane Nonggorr, Seru Uru, Liam Wright, Kalani Thomas, Josh Flook, Filipo Daugunu

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ala'alatoa, Sio and Swain return for the Brumbies:
BRUMBIES(1-15): James Slipper, Folau Fainga'a, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Tom Cusack, Pete Samu, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Tom Wright, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Banks
Reserves: Lachlan Lonergan, Scott Sio, Sefo Kautai, Nick Frost, James Tucker, Ryan Lonergan, Bayley Kuenzle, Mack Hansen

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
BRUMBIES(1-15): James Slipper, Folau Fainga'a, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Tom Cusack, Pete Samu, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Tom Wright, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Banks
Reserves: Lachlan Lonergan, Scott Sio, Sefo Kautai, Nick Frost, James Tucker, Ryan Lonergan, Bayley Kuenzle, Mack Hansen

Thats an impressive starting XV. Only Fainga'a and Cusack not in Rennie's squad. Should be a cracking game of rugby.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Only one change for the Reds with Wright replacing Blyth on the bench. Has Angus pissed Thorn off? I thought he was meant to be a mini-Thorn in waiting.

REDS(1-15): Feao Fotuaika, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Taniela Tupou, Ryan Smith, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Angus Scott-Young, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott, James O'Connor (c), Jock Campbell, Hamish Stewart, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, Bryce Hegarty
Reserves: Alex Mafi, Richie Asiata, Zane Nonggorr, Seru Uru, Liam Wright, Kalani Thomas, Josh Flook, Filipo Daugunu

Second week in a row for Daugunu on the pine .... what's happening there?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Two Locks on the bench is a bit weird or will James Tucker go into the backrow. Also Im surprised we dont see Miller on the bench maybe his just not up to standard yet.

Much better scrum then last time we played the reds, although we will still miss Ross.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Agree. If the Brumbies don’t take this by at least 13 points McKeller should be sacked.
Reds easy favorites all the Reds have to do is dominant the scrum like last time and stop the maul..Brumbies have no attacking threats in any of there team if the Reds don't win by 40 at fortress Suncorp Thorn and his whole team should go and Thor should be sent off to Japan for big Yen..

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Reds easy favorites all the Reds have to do is dominant the scrum like last time and stop the maul..Brumbies have no attacking threats in any of there team if the Reds don't win by 40 at fortress Suncorp Thorn and his whole team should go and Thor should be sent off to Japan for big Yen..

Ah the biggest battle of any match the pre match play for underdog status.