• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRAU RD 8 - Reds v Brumbies

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Mate I'll take the win for sure, but Taniela was boring in and the penalty should of gone the other way

True, but my real concern is that with possibly an independent set of officials in TRC, the Wallabies will be penalised every time a scrum goes sideways the way the Reds like to scrum.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
True, but my real concern is that with possibly an independent set of officials in TRC, the Wallabies will be penalised every time a scrum goes sideways the way the Reds like to scrum.

Oh bollocks. Most of the time Tupou has been far squarer than his opposing loose head. They squeeze up to take on a titan, the rest follows.

Bigger issue with the Reds scrum is the other side which does not necessarily push up with Tupou. Enough for the ref so far all the same.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So Neville and Valetini probably best in their position on the filed. Cusack matched his opposite, not better. Wilson over Samu for me. Stewart and Flook over Simone and Ikitau. Banks v Hegarty? I'll go Hegarty but Banks was class.

Tom Cusack unfortunately is the weak link in the Brumbies side. No way was he in the class of McReight. Brumbies will continue to struggle against the Reds backrow while they don't play a pilferer to put pressure on the ball at the breakdown.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tom Cusack unfortunately is the weak link in the Brumbies side. No way was he in the class of McReight. Brumbies will continue to struggle against the Reds backrow while they don't play a pilferer to put pressure on the ball at the breakdown.
Will Miller will play the final.. but Reds won.. dunno how but they did.. good on em

drewprint

John Solomon (38)

That’s a bit strong? Merely cheekily repeating what BR said last game. For the record I thought it was a ripping product of what Aus rugby can produce. I’m really looking forward to watching the replay tomorrow. Good crowd so it was great fun being there live.

DPY91

Frank Row (1)
That’s a bit strong? Merely cheekily repeating what BR said last game. For the record I thought it was a ripping product of what Aus rugby can produce. I’m really looking forward to watching the replay tomorrow. Good crowd so it was great fun being there live.

Well you're quite clearly trolling mate. What do you expect? Lol.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I think Cussack is fabulous. Yes I'll stick with McReight but Cusack is bloody good. I'm still unconvinced with Valetini - though I'm not going to rate ASY (Angus Scott-Young) in front of him.

And perhaps I am slowly getting there, with Valetini.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think Cussack is fabulous. Yes I'll stick with McReight but Cusack is bloody good. I'm still unconvinced with Valetini - though I'm not going to rate ASY (Angus Scott-Young) in front of him.

He faded a smidge but, aside from a lineout presence, what more could you want? There wasn't a more physical presence on the field, including Tupou.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I was quite pleased with ASY (Angus Scott-Young) after deriding him last week, but the ruck penalty he gave away was just braindead. Never risk it on the 22 against the Brumbies, lead them straight to score a maul try when they didn't look threatening previously.

JO'C also redeemed himself after throwing that intercept with some nice interplay for the Reds first try.

Me thinks Flook might be receiving a few scouting calls for 2023+ after tonight's performance.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Watching live Valetini brought the level of physicality I wish Wilson was bringing. No idea what his work around the park was like but far out he seemed big and abrasive.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Fabulous is a bit strong.