• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Summer of 16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Still waiting for the verdict on Faf. Surely Riley Rossouw will step up and do the job. This will also motivate the Proteas more for the third test.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The high turnover due to woeful form of batsmen surely shines the spotlight on the batting coach. Hick'll have to engineer a much better batting performance over the remainder of the summer or bugger off.

I'm still unsure as to how the ultimate flat track bully is going to help these guys improve their technique in seaming, swinging or spinning conditions.:confused:

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Still waiting for the verdict on Faf. Surely Riley Rossouw will step up and do the job. This will also motivate the Proteas more for the third test.

Your guys seem to be doing ok in the motivation department - and the skill department for that matter.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well the team has been announced today as:
Warner
Renshaw
Khawaja
Smith (C)
Handscomb
Maddinson
Wade
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon
Bird

A fair few are upset about Bird over Sayers but that was really the only decision the selection panel had to make after announcing the squad.

Personally I think Sayers is unlucky, especially considering how he bowled at Adelaide Oval. That said, I can understand why they went for Bird - he has a proven record and some test experience.

The ball is going to be hooping around under lights and we have the best fast bowler in the world right now.

Surely we are a decent chance of winning this test?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I like the team and the squad. I much prefer this youth approach to the Dad's Army approach under Rod Marsh.

Our bowlers will do well with the ball moving around - not sure that I can say the same for the batsmen. Hope these young blokes can show a bit of patience and a bit of fight.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Young David Warner is the only player over 30.

That explains it then;), I used to think Warner was a dickhead of the first order, but have said to a few people lately I have no problems with him now, it as I suspected he has just matured into not a bad fella!

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'd like to see him as captain of the test team. He's got real mongrel about him and an aggressive mindset that always looks to take the game forward.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Agree TBH. Too early to say whether to say there's been improvement.

Wade hasn't been shit though. Let 4 go, but the players were all talking about the grip and turn rather than his keeping, so be doesn't lose to many marks there.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Wade got a good stumping :eek:

What a stuff up though: with Warner being off too long to open the batting.

Let's see if we're actually better off with this team or it's just the bowlers playing a little above expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.