• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Tipping 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Hi Guys,

This year we're going to be teaming up with the ARU for our tipping and fantasy comps.

Why?

1 - there are going to be awesome prizes like half a corporate box for you and 4 mates at Bled 1 with travel and accom, also team signed Wallaby jerseys and more. The comps will be smaller so you have a v good chance of winning something (vs none)

2 - GAGR will be getting some nice cross promotion out of it (and other bens, which you will see in time).

3- we're helping out the new ARU

I know this means change which no one ever likes, but why not give it a burl?

Matt

Great idea
Is there a GAGR comp within?
It would be great having a Shute Shield tipping comp and each club posting it on their site with the GAGR URL?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Enjoy approving everyone that wants to join. I did one for work and get an email every time someone joins asking me to approve them in my private comp.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
So am I correct in saying you don't set margins in the new tipping comp?

There is a column that says points, but I can't seem to click on it to change it. Maybe an ipad problem?

The ability to edit tips after placing them seems like a good feature. I regularly have tippers remorse after making picks.

But if there is no margin picking it will take some of the skill out of the competition.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I couldn't see anywhere how many jokers we get to play with. It's prob right in front of me but.
Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
If it's like any other tipping competition then your joker selection (if correct) is worth double points.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
What is the joker for? I couldn't find anything about it in faq or rules...
The only mention of it I saw Penguin is that it gives you double points. I've never tipped in a league that uses them but my old man is in an NRL tipping comp that allows 2 per season and they apply to a whole round not just one game.

Need to have it clarified so we can get best value out of them.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Oh shit, I assumed you get one per round and banged it in on this week. If it counts for the whole round, a 2 game round will deliver poor value.

But it certainly makes sense to have it that way, otherwise all you need to do is drop it on the gimme game most rounds have.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Thinking about it, it must be one each round. Because you could play it against either game, but only one game. If it was a whole round it would surely be a checkbox off on its own.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thinking about it, it must be one each round. Because you could play it against either game, but only one game. If it was a whole round it would surely be a checkbox off on its own.

Comp rules say Joker "fixture" so, yeah, gotta be 1 per round, tough call if Rebels, Force & Lions are all away...

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I sent them an email so when I get a reply ill post it up. :)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Here's the reply. :)

"Hi there,

The Joker can be used once for each round throughout the whole season. Correctly tipping a match that has the Joker assigned will give you two points for that match instead of one.

Regards,
Support Team."

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
HELP, I can't actually find where to enter my tips:confused: Go to the tipping home page and there are no games, go to my tips and there are no games, click on each round but no games show up. 10 likes for the person that points me in the right direction;)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I had the same issue and was about to email them again until I realised that I had some how been logged out. The screen looked the same as when I was logged in just with no ability to tip (ie no games showing up). Check the top of the screen and see I it's asking for a username an password?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
It looks like I am logged in as it my name and a logout button are at the top. Tried logging in again and it still does not show up.

Edit: Tried again and created a new nickname and it has worked, thanks @Scoey

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Glad it worked. :) Bit of a weird glitch but that sort of stuff is always going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.