• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
If you are referring to Speechley, he played well, although was yellow carded for clearing out at the ruck, which was one of many interesting calls from the ref on the day. Not wanting to appear to be affected by sour grapes, and I'm not saying that Randwick would've won, Easts are higher up the table and outmuscled the Wicks in the first round, but it was evenly matched at halftime and the second half performance of the referee certainly took them out of the contest, Easts did capitalise on this advantage and justified their place on the table. Hopefully for everyone's sake he's reffing under 7s next week, not up to colts standard as a ref.

A

Albert

How did the wicks 6 play?
seen him a few times this year & he impressed each time

Yep, Speechley is a good'un. I mentioned him in another thread - 'Club players with potential'. Wicks have three pretty handy backrowers, two decent front rowers, with a good 9, a few tough centres and electric back three. Really, really, really need a fly-half, 2nd row and extra props. Depth is killing them.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Interesting promotion this coming Saturday up @ Knox.

After the Schools game - Knox vs Barker, there will be an additional game ( with lights available):

Gordon Colts 1sts vs Eastwood Colts 1sts

I think both these teams are presently vying for 4th spot in Colts 1 premiership so should be a excellent encounter.

W

west is best

Good to see that Parramatta 2nds colts have won there first game of the season, looks like they might be improving as a team, would be good to see them win at least one more game this year, congrats to the coaches and players who have stuck by them this year. soory now i missed this game.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
A great effort to win 44-33 against Randwick and chalk up your third win of the year and a respectable 28-5 loss to your 1sts colts. Stick together, keep recruiting and the results will come. Rugby needs Parramatta and Penrith in the west.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Interesting promotion this coming Saturday up @ Knox.

After the Schools game - Knox vs Barker, there will be an additional game ( with lights available):

Gordon Colts 1sts vs Eastwood Colts 1sts

I think both these teams are presently vying for 4th spot in Colts 1 premiership so should be a excellent encounter.

It will be a great game. It's a battle between the Hornsby based coaches Peter Jollow from Gordon and Ian Moyes from Eastwood. Moyes is a former Highlander and is keen to knock off his former club while Jollow played 1st grade for the club in the 70's. Word is they bumped into each other at the Galston road shops this week but refused to acknowledge each other. The tension is mounting. Woodies by 10.

N

no_name12

Would have been pretty awkward. Agree with you observer, Woodies by 10

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
anyone have the team lists for both the Woodies and Gordon?

I am intersted in how many boys have made the transition from schools to senior colts. I know a few of the boys from Gordon but none from the Woodies

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
anyone have the team lists for both the Woodies and Gordon?

I am intersted in how many boys have made the transition from schools to senior colts. I know a few of the boys from Gordon but none from the Woodies

This is the background of the Woodies players to the best of my knowledge;

1. Nigel Vaifale NSW CCC 2010 St Patricks College Blacktown

2. Tannous Ferris NSW CCC 2009 Marist College Eastwood, shadow squad Aussie Schools

3. Chris Satiu ex Southern Districts & CHS

4. Eddie Burrett Melville HS CHS 2009

5. Matt White Hunter SHS & CHS 2010

6. Kyle Shewan Pennant Hills HS 2009 & CHS

7. Jared Berndt Oakhill 2009

8. Tom Ellem Grafton 2009

9. Aaron Astley Newington College 2009

10. Blake Sutton Epping Boys HS & CHS 2009

11. Alex Del Moro

12. Matt Toole Epping Boys High 2009

13. Tod Sartor

14. Paul Cividin Oakhill 2008

15. Jacob King Oakhill 2009 & CIS rugby league

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
This is the background of the Woodies players to the best of my knowledge;

Thanks Observer, very interesting mix of boys with Oak Hill well represented and the rest mainly spread across CHS and CCC. Good to see Blake Sutton running around, he is an old campaigner at 18 yoa. He will be lining up against Henry Carmichael which should be a good contest. I watched him last year playing for the Woodies against Uni and he went well then. I look forward to the game on Saturday.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Here is Gordon's team for the big game at Knox College;

1 Hugh Cropley
2 Jim Handlin
3 Tom Dunstan
4 Michael Dempsey
5 Evan Olmstead ©
6 Antony Austin
7 Miles McCaffrey
8 Sam Ward
9 Saxon Fischer-Grey
10 Henry Carmichael
11 Alex Lash
12 Trent Lake
13 Tom Matthews
14 Mark O'Dare
15 Hunter Johnson

A

Albert

I think Rohan Saifoloi (Aus Schools 2009) is running around playing 10 for Souths Colts 1s (maybe a bit of 15 in 3rd/4th grade?). Anyone know why he came down from Brisbane? A specific rugby reason, or just after a change in scenery? I saw him last year - good player, if he manages to put on some bulk, I'm sure Scotty Bowen will be keeping an eye on him.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Rohan Saifoloi is playing or Southern. That is a real coup for Souths. Not sure how they came to get him but Souths do have rich mining benefactor Kevin Maloney involved with the club. Unfortunately, he also supports the QLD Reds. You can bet the Tahs wont get their hands on Saifoloi who is probably part of the Reds Academy.

Also seen making their debuts for Wests in colts 3 last week were CHS and NSW Schools players Jason Havea and Sam Ahofono. Big Willy Skelton is playing for Sydney University colts. No sign of Jason Seage yet as he must still be injured.

TerryTate

Allen Oxlade (6)

1 Hugh Cropley
2 Jim Handlin
3 Tom Dunstan
4 Michael Dempsey
5 Evan Olmstead ©
6 Antony Austin
7 Miles McCaffrey
8 Sam Ward
9 Saxon Fischer-Grey
10 Henry Carmichael
11 Alex Lash
12 Trent Lake
13 Tom Matthews
14 Mark O'Dare
15 Hunter Johnson

can anyone give me a rundown on these players? familiar names just want their background

who should i look out for?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Souths do have rich mining benefactor Kevin Maloney involved with the club. Unfortunately, he also supports the QLD Reds. You can bet the Tahs wont get their hands on Saifoloi

That's my mail generally on Maloney, though I have no specific info on Saifoli. He's a very interesting man on rugby and has interesting opinions on some Tahs players which are not flattering.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
re Gordon Colts team:
Handlin,Olmstead,Matthews & Johnson are all ex-Knox 2008 vintage
Cropley,Austin & (I think) Carmichael are ex-Shore
Dempsey & McCaffrey ex-Riverview

- sorry can't help with the rest.

H

Hartman

Some info on players' backgrounds since people seem interested:

1 Hugh Cropley - Shore 09
2 Jim Handlin - Knox 08
3 Tom Dunstan - Shore 3rds 08, moved to 1sts recently due to injury and has certainly held his own
4 Michael Dempsey - Riverview, NSW 09
5 Evan Olmstead © - Knox, NSW? 08
6 Antony Austin - Shore 08
7 Miles McCaffrey - Riverview, NSW 09. Waratahs Preseason '10.
8 Sam Ward - Knox 08
9 Saxon Fischer-Grey - Marist North Sydney 09
10 Henry Carmichael - Shore 09
11 Alex Lash - Central Coast, definitely worth watching. Great skills, good step, good understanding of the game
12 Trent Lake - Riverview, NSW 09
13 Tom Matthews - Knox 08
14 Mark O'Dare - Riverview 3rd/2nds 09, has definitely earned his place in the team
15 Hunter Johnson - Knox 08

Status
Not open for further replies.