• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Woodies win 16-13 in a great match down at Knox. Gordon scored 2 trys to 1 but the trusty boot of Woodies five eight Blake Sutton got them home.

I thought Gordon were probably the better team and their scrum absolutely smashed Eastwoods. The Woods will have to fix that part of their game up if they are to advance much further in the comp. I also thought they turned over too much ball but credit must go the the Highlanders loosies for their work at the breakdown.

In the last 15 minutes Gordon kept hammering away at the Eastwood goal line as they mounted wave after wave of attacking raids. Last ditch defence by the Woods won them the day. Particular mention to Woods fullback Jacob King who saved at least two trys towards the end off the game. I thought Highlander centre Tom Matthews was Gordon's best.

H

Hartman

Woodies win 16-13 in a great match down at Knox. Gordon scored 2 trys to 1 but the trusty boot of Woodies five eight Blake Sutton got them home.

I thought Gordon were probably the better team and their scrum absolutely smashed Eastwoods. The Woods will have to fix that part of their game up if they are to advance much further in the comp. I also thought they turned over too much ball but credit must go the the Highlanders loosies for their work at the breakdown.

In the last 15 minutes Gordon kept hammering away at the Eastwood goal line as they mounted wave after wave of attacking raids. Last ditch defence by the Woods won them the day. Particular mention to Woods fullback Jacob King who saved at least two trys towards the end off the game. I thought Highlander centre Tom Matthews was Gordon's best.

What do you think about the Gordon try not being awarded at the end? I didn't see it that well but to me it looked like it should have been a try.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
What do you think about the Gordon try not being awarded at the end? I didn't see it that well but to me it looked like it should have been a try.

Seemed to be a tough call. Woods very lucky but how many times did Gordon bomb trys in that period. A few opportunities when they had numbers but either the ball didn't get out there, a bad pass or a dropped ball would end it. The coach must have been tearing his hair out.

W

waves

Big Willy Skelton is playing for Sydney University colts.

Was named in the run on side in 2's Colts against Norths at 8 this weekend although game got cancelled due to the rain.

Sydney University 1's

1. Tom Lamont - Joeys , NSW
2. Alex Siviour - Grammar
3. Clay Brodie - Waverley , NSW
4. Tom Heslop - Scots , NSW
5. Kurt Larsen - Kings
6. Tom Boidin - Pius ?
7. Matt Walker - Kings
8. Will Drabble - Shore (In for injured David Hickey - Joeys)
9. James Helliwell - Waverley , NSW
10. Angus Sinclair - Shore
11. Callum Fryer - Grammar , NSW , AUS
12. Jack Marples - Shore
13. Chris Jarvis - Newington
14. Stephen Coudanaris - Grammar
15. Jack Freeman - Riverview

Greg Jeloudev - Kings , NSW, AUS (2nd Grade)

R

rugby_man

Good to see a few Grammar boys in the Uni lime-up. If some of their players played at one of the stronger schools (eg. Kings, Joeys, Newington), they'd certainly be recognised more.

B

bdp

this eastwood team has improved alot from last year, plus alot of the boys will be running around next year in colts .

D

DEER HUNTER

Was named in the run on side in 2's Colts against Norths at 8 this weekend although game got cancelled due to the rain.

Sydney University 1's

1. Tom Lamont - Joeys , NSW
2. Alex Siviour - Grammar
3. Clay Brodie - Waverley , NSW
4. Tom Heslop - Scots , NSW
5. Kurt Larsen - Kings
6. Tom Boidin - Pius ?
7. Matt Walker - Kings
8. Will Drabble - Shore (In for injured David Hickey - Joeys)
9. James Helliwell - Waverley , NSW
10. Angus Sinclair - Shore
11. Callum Fryer - Grammar , NSW , AUS
12. Jack Marples - Shore
13. Chris Jarvis - Newington
14. Stephen Coudanaris - Grammar
15. Jack Freeman - Riverview

Greg Jeloudev - Kings , NSW, AUS (2nd Grade)
what happened to swanny ?

A

Albert

The Wicks have started updating their website with Colts match reports, not much detail, but some may be interested:

"First Grade Colts

By Ben Rutherford

The 1sts colts headed west on Saturday with a mission - to score four tries and secure a bonus point win without injuries. The team came away 28-5 winners after finishing off a competitive Parramatta. Mission accomplished!

After a frustrating loss to Easts the week before, it was a tough, ugly win. This will help the team build confidence before we encounter Southern Districts at Coogee Oval this coming Saturday.

Stand-out flanker Bryce Speechley took the 3 player points for his dominant display at the line-out and breakdown. Centre Oli Huggett nabbed the 2 player points on the back of his control of the mid-field while Jesse Roche secured the 1 player point for his efforts at scrum time and strong ball running.

Parramatta deserve credit for showing dramatic improvement across the park and making the boys really work for the win. While unlucky not to score several more tries, securing 5 vital competition points was critical as the race for the semi-finals heats up.
"

"Colts report : Colts v Southern Districts at Latham Park
Tuesday, 03 August 2010 10:12
1st Colts decided to turn on the razzle dazzle in their comprehensive 56-19 victory over Southern Districts at Latham Park. After a recent run of losses against our southern rivals and a nail-biting 39-36 loss in round one, round two was a completely different story.

Playing with complete confidence, the forward pack helped lay the platform through a rock-solid scrum and dominant line-out for a lightning quick back-line to tear apart the South's defense with a sensational display of attacking running rugby - scoring several long range tries through brilliant link play. Combined with a green brick wall in defense - this was a complete team effort.

Halfback Liam Walker secured the 3 points for an outstanding game that included sniping runs around the ruck and service on a platter to the backline with towering lock, Tom Wetherall nabbing the 2 points for his all round effort across the park. 1 point went to the ever reliable AJ Hatch for his hard work in defense but brutal straight running that helped create several opportunities.

The focus now shifts to a big game against Warringah at Pittwater Rugby Park as the hunt for a semi-final berth continues.
"

H

Hartman

Marlins putting 68 on the Woodies. WTF?

May be that results were recorded incorrectly. I know that all the Gordon vs Easts games scores were completely wrong on the Shute Shield site. If not - wow.

Absolute nailbiter games in 3rds and 1sts, Gordon winning 3rds by 4 points with a try held up right on the full time whistle after being 12-0 down in 10 minutes. Easts pulled a convincing win against Gordon 2nds, and then Gordon 1sts too found themselves down by about 20 points in the first half, and mounted a great comeback to eventually draw the game 28 all.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Thanks.
Randwick won a game of two halves at Warringah. they ran into a strong wind in the first half to be down at half time by 24-0. In the second half Randwick eventually overrun Warringah with 5 tries to come out winners 31-27.

H

Hartman

My mistake, it was in fact a draw - kinda embarassing I didn't remember that since I was the tee bitch for the fulltime kick that drew the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.