• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I wouldn't read into that squad too much; Most of those spots will be filled by the Academies from both states and a few Super Rugby youngsters.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
I wouldn't read into that squad too much; Most of those spots will be filled by the Academies from both states and a few Super Rugby youngsters.
I don't think Terence Hepetema is in the academies. Does anyone know the Under 20 team list?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't think Terence Hepetema is in the academies. Does anyone know the Under 20 team list?

He isn't and I think he'll have to impress through every stage of Australian 20's selection to make this side.

Apo Latunipulu, Malietoa Hingano should be around selection.

S

sportzfan

Aiden Anderson the 12 is back at randwick colts and is only 18 and Terence Hepetema is still old enough to play colts but is going to grade and is in the Aust 20 initial squad. Wakim is too old for colts but is concentrating on his cricket
Randwick have Nathan Roye the Aust A schools winger so they will have strong backline with Ben Black at 9
Heard Brogan roods looks like being in 2nd colts at Uni

S

sportzfan

Aiden Anderson the 12 is back at randwick colts and is only 18 and Terence Hepetema is still old enough to play colts but is going to grade and is in the Aust 20 initial squad. Wakim is too old for colts but is concentrating on his cricket
Randwick have Nathan Roye the Aust A schools winger so they will have strong backline with Ben Black at 9
Heard Brogan roods looks like being in 2nd colts at Uni
Tahboy who told you that Brogan Roods was playing 2nd colts at Uni

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
It certainly wouldn't have come from anyone of consequence at the Club. The Uni system doesn't work like that.

T

Tahboy

I was at Kiama 7s and talking to some rugby people
With who Uni have signed and players returning Brogan will struggle especially at 13. Is English playing Colts again or moving up to grade
Who have Uni signed?

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I was at Kiama 7s and talking to some rugby people
With who Uni have signed and players returning Brogan will struggle especially at 13. Is English playing Colts again or moving up to grade
Who have Uni signed?

Tahboy, I think Tom English will probably play grade although he is involved with the Australian Sevens at present.

Uni have a large squad of Colts training including some promising looking newcomers. Personally I don't believe in singling out individuals because I think players should be assessed on how they trial and then play in the early rounds. Whether they made rep teams or wore particular school socks is largely irrelevant, but that of course is just my personal view.

K

Keithy

I would be surprised if Tom plays Colts becuase he is 21 next week and Uni have lost the S15 boys.

T

Tahboy

Will just let nature takes its course and see where Brogan ends up
Be a crying shame if he ends up in 2nds
Can't see the issue with the "signing" of colts
They do sign contracts. NRL sign 18 or younger players soccer sign junior players

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)

Over the years, Tahboy, there have been many Sydney Uni players who started off in Seconds or Thirds Colts and went on to play professionally and even for the Wallabies. Both Luke Burgess and Nick Phipps began in Thirds Colts.

I think the appropriate level to start varies from player to player, but what I have long believed is that a player who is extravagantly talented is much better served by playing in a grade where they can dominate rather than in one where they struggle to survive. There is too much focus on accelerating players' progression rather than giving them time to really master their craft.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Can't see the issue with the "signing" of colts
They do sign contracts. NRL sign 18 or younger players soccer sign junior players

How is Brogan's hamstring. I heard he hurt it at Nelson Bay last week

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Harry Byrnes, 2011 Manly 1st Grade Lock & Backrower, has moved to Eastwood for 2012. A very good pick-up. A big kid with the hands of a fly half

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Harry Byrnes, 2011 Manly 1st Grade Lock & Backrower, has moved to Eastwood for 2012. A very good pick-up. A big kid with the hands of a fly half
sounds like the woodies will be a contender for the top spot this year if they have kept the nucleus of last years side

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
sounds like the woodies will be a contender for the top spot this year if they have kept the nucleus of last years side

Blake Sutton has been training with grade - should be close to selection in 1s with Sione Piukala being given a contract in France.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Nah, Blake is 20 this year and has been doing alot of work in the offseason. John Manenti was keen to see how he would go, considering he has been one of the better players in Colts I for the past two seasons.

T

Tahboy

Bruce I understand what you are saying but Brogan is way to good for 2nd colts and the only reason he would play 2nd colts is if there was someone better and to have a player of Brogans potential twiddling his thumbs in 2nds is a waste of time to him and NSWRU and Aust rugby. This is exactly why clubs hate what Uni do and financially clubs cannot afford to have a star player who costs a lot wasting away in 2nds.
I hope he isn't stuck in 2nds and gets to show what he can do as he is a quality player.

Status
Not open for further replies.