• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Rays .. NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Interesting Western Force connection to the coaching staff. I wonder if they will use the relationships they have already have over here to lure a few of the players that the Force can't keep for the NRC.

As Intruder said earlier, I'd be happy to give up CTM, Zack Holmes, Pek Cowan, Salesi Manu and Rory Walton up for North Harbour. That is assuming they are happy to go.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Noticed they've put the logo up now.

Same as the ARC and confirms colours presumably too.

1399110812045.jpg-300x0.jpg

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Will be interested to see how much promotional work is put into this tournament. The CC Rays had one NSW\ARU bloke promoting the hell out of it (believe he has since moved on), taking players to schools, hosting clinics etc, as well as john singleton and Bluetongue Stadium MGR DIR and staff organising merchandise and promotions. Hopefully ARU do something to ensure people are aware, not just rugby folk.

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
Will be interested to see how much promotional work is put into this tournament. The CC Rays had one NSW\ARU bloke promoting the hell out of it (believe he has since moved on), taking players to schools, hosting clinics etc, as well as john singleton and Bluetongue Stadium MGR DIR and staff organising merchandise and promotions. Hopefully ARU do something to ensure people are aware, not just rugby folk.

Exactly right Baz. The whole Central Coast was excited whenever a Rays game came to town, and the Final was a great game to watch, and left us waiting in anticipation for the next year.

Sadly not to be.

Promotion doesn't have to cost a fortune, just get out there and do some "politician stuff". Although I suggest we don't let any forwards try to kiss any babies :eek:

The local paper "Central Coast Express Advocate" have always been open to match reports, photos and stories, just need to be approached. It isn't a big trip down the M1 to the big smoke if the locals know about a game.

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
Manly Marlins front has changed this season who are the new guys?? they seem to be doing at great job up front.

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
I agree Joe , does anybody have any idea when they will start naming players for the Rays It would be nice to watch the players they pick in the side??

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Assuming it will be one of the 3 coaches from the JV (my thoughts)

So that's either Fava, Haige, or that other bloke hey ;) - just for you Butts.

I'm sure we'll be in good hands with Townsend and the other two guys.

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
Unless it has already been posted somewhere else - here is the scoop on the
North Harbour Rays

facebook page. Must be spelled with the capital letters or it won't work.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
There was a posting somewhere on the pages of this forum (can't find it) that the rays have had players invited and they have already assembled for talks. Can anyone give some info about what players have been attending?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah, one of the others will get bumped up to head coach. From the Rays fb page:

Blake said the opportunity to coach at Leicester was just too good to pass up.

“I can honestly say that I am torn about heading to the UK but to be able to coach in the UK and experience competitions like the Heineken Cup could not be passed up,” Blake said.

“The Rays have a sound structure in place and I am sure the transition to the new coaching structure will be seamless.

“I will be staying in touch with the boys from Welford Rd (Leicester’s famous home ground) hoping that they can bring home some silverware first time through.”

Flowers stressed that the revamped coaching structure will come from within the Rays’ four member clubs, Gordon, Manly, Northern Suburbs and Warringah, in line with the franchise charter.

https://www.facebook.com/nhrays/posts/294144860749471

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe the Rays held there first meeting on Sunday with some of the playing group, Does anybody know which players have been selected ??
Has a coach been name to replace Phil ?

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe the Rays held there first meeting on Sunday with some of the playing group, Does anybody know which players have been selected ??
Has a coach been name to replace Phil ?

I'm keen to know this as well. Anyone got the info?

Status
Not open for further replies.