• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Rays .. NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Marlins finished 3rd/4th in 1st grade this year therefore all of their players are far better than any of tripe that the other three clubs are serving up.

Ummm no. Being better certainly does not mean all 15 of your players are superior.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It would be a travesty if there's no place for Wood, Brisby and not to mention Richard Hooper in the rays. Sef is more than capable at tighthead. Marlins finished 3rd/4th in 1st grade this year therefore all of their players are far better than any of tripe that the other three clubs are serving up. Townsend has to make way for Turtle! Revolution! The Rays are one point off 4th place (having only played 5 games)! There must be change.

Perhaps not revolution, but I'd suggest that they didn't necessarily make the best use of the talent available at the 4 clubs. I'll put it down teething problems in year 1 and hope that lessons are learnt for 2015.

I think we should all refrain as far as possible from refering to players by the SS clubs when playing for the Rays.

They may be 5th (out of 9) but on the performances we've seen, not only are they not in the hunt to win it, but the team seems weaker than at least 2 of its constituent parts.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
The bait was for DB, but he's snared an even bigger fish:).

Yup fishing season, and long weekend, hoping taking the shit out of me is a good sign for this weekend.

Might see a Marlin or a Ray when I'm out on the water.

Went out recruiting last week and found senior
be change.

20140924_202457.jpg

;)

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
This weeks side to play Canberra

1. NICK FRASER
2. LUKE HOLMES
3. MITCH LEWIS
4. ED GOWER
5. GREG PETERSON (C)
6. JACK DEMPSEY
7. KATONI ALE
8. SAM WARD
9. JOSH HOLMES
10. SCOTT DARUDA
11. SIRELI TAGICAKIBAU
12. BRIAN SEFANAIA
13. MALI HINGANO
14. HARRY JONES
15. DAVID FELTSCHEER
BENCH
16. DAVE PORECKI
17. DANE MARAKI
18. RORY O’CONNOR
19. RYAN MELROSE
20. JAMES CUNNINGHAM
21. TERRY PRESTON
22. HAMISH ANGUS

23. TOM MATTHEWS

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
This weeks side to play Canberra

1.NICK FRASER
2.LUKE HOLMES
3.MITCH LEWIS
4.ED GOWER
5.GREG PETERSON (C)
6.JACK DEMPSEY
7.KATONI ALE
8.SAM WARD
9.JOSH HOLMES
10.SCOTT DARUDA
11.SIRELI TAGICAKIBAU
12.BRIAN SEFANAIA
13.MALI HINGANO
14.HARRY JONES
15.DAVID FELTSCHEER
BENCH
16. DAVE PORECKI
17. DANE MARAKI
18. RORY O’CONNOR
19. RYAN MELROSE
20. JAMES CUNNINGHAM
21. TERRY PRESTON
22. HAMISH ANGUS

23. TOM MATTHEWS

I'm content with that team, first time.
Hope its live streamed.

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just found this weeks team on the Rugby News web site

1. MITCH LEWIS
2. LUKE HOLMES
3. TOBIAS GUKIBAU
4. ED GOWER
5. GREG PETERSON (C)
6. JACK DEMPSEY
7. BOYD KILLINGWORTH
8. SAM WARD
9. JOSH HOLMES
10. SCOTT DARUDA
11. SIRELI TAGICAKIBAU
12. MALI HINGANO
13. MICHAEL ADAMS
14. HARRY JONES
15. DAVID FELTSCHEER
BENCH
16. DAVE PORECKI
17. RORY O’CONNOR
18. NICK FRASER
19. JAMES CUNNINGHAM
20. HARRY BERGELIN
21. MATT LUCAS
22. HAMISH ANGUS
23. BRIAN SEFANAIA

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Just found this weeks team on the Rugby News web site

1. MITCH LEWIS
2. LUKE HOLMES
3. TOBIAS GUKIBAU
4. ED GOWER
5. GREG PETERSON (C)
6. JACK DEMPSEY
7. BOYD KILLINGWORTH
8. SAM WARD
9. JOSH HOLMES
10. SCOTT DARUDA
11. SIRELI TAGICAKIBAU
12. MALI HINGANO
13. MICHAEL ADAMS
14. HARRY JONES
15. DAVID FELTSCHEER
BENCH
16. DAVE PORECKI
17. RORY O’CONNOR
18. NICK FRASER
19. JAMES CUNNINGHAM
20. HARRY BERGELIN
21. MATT LUCAS
22. HAMISH ANGUS
23. BRIAN SEFANAIA

Looking forward to Hingano at 12.
I wonder if Porecki will get a start with this rotation policy.
Ale has been one of the consistent best to date, is he injured?
How good is it going to be seeing QC (Quade Cooper) down at Brookie Oval, get down there for s great evening.

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
Game day for the Rays , come on boys make it 3 wins and 2 draws from the 5 games.
The starting side looks strong ,
Lets get down to Brookie and support the team , Good Luck,

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I have a great deal of optimism for the Rays in the medium term. I certainly think in year one they sacrificed the chance of some short term success, by thinking long term. By this I mean that not only at board level, but also at coaching and playing level they made sure that all 4 clubs were included and treated equally. Long term, this promotes not only the good-will of all 4 groups of supporters but gives them ownership of the team. I think that this is the right way to go and I for one can accept what was a mediocre season, by thinking to the future.

Long term we can be a powerhouse as we can draw on one of the largest rugby playing demographics anywhere in Australia, the local media in the area have a tradition of reporting rugby as SS level and in all likelihood Brookvale Oval will be receiving a multi-million dollar upgrade as a regional sporting facility. ( A condition of this upgrade is that it will be used by multiple sports; i.e. not just league, but rugby and soccer too.)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think they'd get better crowds at North Sydney Oval. Especially for night games on a Thursday or Friday.

Possibly, but long term playing on a rectangular ground without a cricket pitch is better for both TV viewers and spectators at the ground. The whole thinking behind the club so far has been long-term and not even Norths or Gordon supporters are agitating for a change in home ground. Their best crowd was a sunny Sunday afternoon and this is when they need to play any games not mandated by Fox to be on a Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.