• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
can anyone shed light on the rumour I heard yesterday that the Brothers Club will be receiving a one year exemption from the "amateur status" due to already signing a significant number of Gordon higher graders?? Surely this can't be true!

It cannot be the case....surely. However I have 'predicted" many grade players will be making subbies appearances this year.

Ozzie Bob I think Al Astley has had the retirement bell rung on him after 4 fairly successful years at Forest. Forest are an interesting one as they have had a signifcant exodus over the last few years with retirement of senior players and I think they are hoping a change in coaching staff across the club will bring players back. My tip is that they will struggle across the grades in 2015 but I hope Im wrong as subbies needs a strong Forest.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
It cannot be the case..surely. However I have 'predicted" many grade players will be making subbies appearances this year.

Ozzie Bob I think Al Astley has had the retirement bell rung on him after 4 fairly successful years at Forest. Forest are an interesting one as they have had a signifcant exodus over the last few years with retirement of senior players and I think they are hoping a change in coaching staff across the club will bring players back. My tip is that they will struggle across the grades in 2015 but I hope Im wrong as subbies needs a strong Forest.

Heavyd, Forest in the last few years have had a number of high profile recruits. So the new competition structure should prove interesting for them.

I cannot wait to see Brothers team sheets for the first round!

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Surely if one team is allowed to do it in a division, then the rest should be able to as well. There is no way that Brothers should be allowed to do it and clubs like Drummoyne, Balmain and St Pats arent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Apparently a DIV 2 club have recruited a 1st grade breakway for this season from an emerging DIV 1 and understandably the old club arent to happy. A letter was dispatched to Subbies suggesting the new club are offering to pay the player. Others have become aware of the letter and are threatening an exodus to the new club. That my firends is what happens when you pay players, it always ends in tears as players have zero loyalty..

Cactus Jack

Bob McCowan (2)
Others have become aware of the letter and are threatening an exodus to the new club

So are you saying existing players are leaving the paying Div 2 club to go to the emerging Div 1 team? or that players are simply leaving the paying Div 2 team?

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
What will be interesting is how the integrity commission will decide on who to investigate first (scissor, paper, rock, lizard, spock?) or how much of a rumour there needs to be for an investigation to occur? (No disrespect to the commissioners meant by the comment, more of a comment on the huge job ahead and rumour-mongering).

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
the info is 5th hand and comes with all the chinese whispers disclaimers and could be all pre-season scuttlebutt but the story goes the player is joining a DIV 2 club from an emerging DIV 1 club. I dont believe this DIV 2 club pay players but they do offer weekly 3-2-1 payments based on player votes for 1st grade.

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
The problem for that program which I personally wouldn't have counted as payments as such and may have helped with moral for that club this year is not allowed​
Thankfully the pubs, well most pubs, aren't charging triple figures for a beer yet or scolls after the game would be gone too.​

Awards
Players may receive non monetary awards relevant to match day performance. The value of such awards cannot exceed $100.
Cash prizes, of any amount for any reason, cannot be given to players.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Are you sure about the above. I thought the 3-2-1 was acceptable under news rules. Wow thats going to rock them

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Update:
1: it is now all but confirmed that 6 high profile 1st grade players will be joining Forest from another local club. Watch the sparks fly!!
2: Al Astley is coaching St Ives in 2015.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Update:
1: it is now all but confirmed that 6 high profile 1st grade players will be joining Forest from another local club. Watch the sparks fly!!
2: Al Astley is coaching St Ives in 2015.

Good on Al for taking the gig at Saints. I have been reading a lot on their facebook page and their website they are really trying to change the culture at the club and get back to where they want to be. Good luck to them. I played cricket there and obviously they are local rivals to BOBs but they are a good bunch and i wish them all the best!

I can only imagine that the players have left Brothers to go to Forest. I will be intrigued to see who the players are!

Heavyd with the inside goss!

Wooly Mammoth

Frank Row (1)
We have decided to only pay a hand full of key players this year which was approved at the AGM

Will keep the commission at bay with what shall we call it, "BROWN PAPER BAGS"

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Whilst I assume you are joking Wooly Mammoth unfortunately payer payments appear to have, if anything stepped up a gear. I know of one lower Div club that has lodged a formal complaint to the new investigative unit about the "offerings" of a recruitment drive by a higher DIV club in their local area.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Any word on what is happening with Beecroft? Have they been confirmed for 4th Division?

I am sure that they are going to fly back up the ranks!

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Beecroft are strongly suggesting that they will have a Colts team this year which is a positive sign for then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.