• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The impending Hooper vs Pocock Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
If you watched the match you would've seen it (not via youtube).
And he's playing for Wasps next season.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ratings for this week are Smith No 1, Pocock No 2. Gilly and Hooper unusually quiet. Others nowhere to be seen (although I didn't get to see the Rebels game yet).

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
its a shame we have possibly 5 of the top ten 7s in the world Available for us..

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
1. Pocock
2. Hooper
3. Smith
4. Gill
5. Hodgson

On their day they could all easily fit into the top 10. But gee their are some good seven's running around at the moment outside of Aus. Savea, Cane that SA bloke etc.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Sam Warburton, Chris Robshaw, Thierry Dussatoir and Sean O'Brien are all pretty handy from the NH too. I love our depth but I don't think we have the 5 of the top 10 in the world, there are some pretty outstanding 7's running around at the moment.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Sam Warburton, Chris Robshaw, Thierry Dussatoir and Sean O'Brien are all pretty handy from the NH too. I love our depth but I don't think we have the 5 of the top 10 in the world, there are some pretty outstanding 7's running around at the moment.

Agreed. But the level of separation between them is all pretty damn close. It would really just come down to current form at any given stage. Although Hooper, Pocock and Smith would surely be up there for consistency at international level.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
How is Smith #1? for his efforts as a replacement in a Barbarians game?

Because in that half a game (approx) he was by far the most influential player on the ground. He ran with the ball, busted tackles, off loaded to supports, was very strong in his tackles and made as many turnovers that most 7s make in a full game. His grubber kick was the only low point and that didn't have a negative influence.

Hogo is fast becoming the most over-hyped No 7 in Aus rugby. When in possession, he invariably runs sideways and usually is forced backwards by the defense. Can't say I remember him ever passing the ball or setting up a support player. His tackling is his only strong point imo. I'd rather any of Colby, Fuglister, Reid or McMahon to MH.

Status
Not open for further replies.