• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can run, pass, kick and tackle well. Think I'm going to enjoy Jack Goodhue's decade long tenure as the test centre. Less so as the Crusaders centre, but gotta take the good with the bad.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Top try from the ABs to finish the match off the turnover. Just surgical with that opportunity

46-24 at full time

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Retallick will have his shoulder scanned tomorrow to see how badly damaged it is & whether he's available for SA match. Laumape defo out with knee ligament damage, they'll know how long he's out for by mid-week.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Shame about Retallick and Laumape. Definitely think AB coaches would have to be happy with what they saw. Frizzell looks like he maybe a bloody good player with a bit of experience (sorry DP and zer0), and big Karl is starting to threaten to be a fixture in the team. Mounga did alright, didn't set the world on fire , but was good enough to suggest he will be pretty good with a couple of years under his belt. Goodhue looks to the manor born, and ditto ALP. Fairly satisfying I think.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
How bloody good are Argentina to watch!?? They were fantastic last night, they didn't run out of steam. They basically play like New Zealand does just slightly less clinical.

If they can play like that every week they are going to beat most teams.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
How bloody good are Argentina to watch!?? They were fantastic last night, they didn't run out of steam. They basically play like New Zealand does just slightly less clinical.

If they can play like that every week they are going to beat most teams.
Meh, they always get up to play the All Blacks, always lose and then they always get talked up after. The only difference this year is they managed to pinch against the Bokkies at home.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Shame about Retallick and Laumape. Definitely think AB coaches would have to be happy with what they saw. Frizzell looks like he maybe a bloody good player with a bit of experience (sorry DP and zer0), and big Karl is starting to threaten to be a fixture in the team. Mounga did alright, didn't set the world on fire , but was good enough to suggest he will be pretty good with a couple of years under his belt. Goodhue looks to the manor born, and ditto ALP. Fairly satisfying I think.

Why is Mounga defending on the wing? Made to look very ordinary last night on a couple of one-on-one tackle situations.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ somewhat of a follow-up from Ass't coach Proudfoot "judge us on RWC results [where have I heard that before? :)] or sack us now" being the gist of it.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/i...rasmus-vision-if-we-have-to-be-fired-so-be-it

SBW's latest scan has him good to go but he didn't train today due to an unspecified illness. Crotty & Cane did train, however. Also Lurch hasn't had his scan yet: no reason given but I'm guessing there's still too much inflammation/ swelling to get a meaningful result.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...t-sickness-has-now-kept-him-from-abs-training

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
South Africa are getting a 22.5 point start at the moment.

There must be a few old Boks crying into their brandy and cokes seeing those odds.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.