• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial: Waratahs v Chiefs @ Campbelltown, Friday 6 February 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
Rugby Reg is giving updates on the reds live feed :? bit behind you BH - is it about 25 gone in the 2nd????

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Brendan McKibbin just got knocked out. Got his head in the wrong spot in a tackle. Back on his feet now walking off.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
Thanks for the updates guys, can I be a bit of a bitch and ask for the clock as well, if there is one?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bit concerning given the strength of the Chiefs side. Hopefully all good for next week and that was a wake up call.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Lee Grant was down there so I imagine there'll be a detailed report on the front page this weekend.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sat next to Braveheart and ShtinaTina, impossible to keep these young kiddies away from their toys..... Lee was looking splendid in his brown camouflage outfit, probably better suited to the depths of winter.

Exciting but loose game of rugby, Tahs defence out wide when the Chiefs counter-attacked was particularly crap, and their kickoff receipts were just as bad. There again, we don't want them playing the perfect game pre-season. Beale looks VERY fit, Folau's involvement was excellent. By crikey, we desperately need Chapman, Dennis and Holloway to step up in the second row this year.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
.. Lee was looking splendid in his brown camouflage outfit, probably better suited to the depths of winter.

Steady on - cost me $10 at Vinnies.

Cheika was reasonably happy after the game. Many of the Wallabies didn't play last week and have trained very lightly (which I knew). His main concern was the lack of physicality in the forwards.

I thought the Chiefs got of their line quicker and to the ball quicker because the Tahs were a step behind in reacting. The Tribe pushed things more and got away with more.

Their ball handling was slick in the first half and they scored a couple of astonishing tries.

The only thing I didn't like is that they nearly always took the penalty shots at goal in a trial match. Serves them right for missing the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.