• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ TMO must have that rarest of colour blandnesses, red/ orange :-/

Goldie says ASav told him he heard something crack. I doubt he's playing next week.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
5 minutes into this what I've assumed will be the match of the round and I'm already on the edge of my seat. Hurricanes with backs like the two Barretts, Perena, Savea and Laumape up against Highlander's Smiths, Naholo and Sopoaga. Seems like the 'Canes have the edge as J. Barrett seems to have matured into a complete fullback.
Haven't been blown away, myself.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ tough crowd.

Once again the rugby ball moves in mysterious ways, it's wonders to perform, Naholo the beneficiary this time.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Haven't been blown away, myself.

It might well be that I'm more excited because I know what these players can do, and I'm watching this game with rose tinted glasses where every near try is an 'oh so close' from me, compared to the same thing done by the reds and it's a 'useless, can't complete'. Either way I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting selection conundrum(s) coming up for the 'canes with Wes Goosen & Nehe Milner-Skudder due back soon, Ben Lam in great form & JSav not really doing much of note.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wouldn't it be more beneficial for the Highlanders to kick it out on full time, thus denying the Hurricanes a bonus point. Rather than try and run it from their own try line, just to get a slightly better points differential?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Interesting selection conundrum(s) coming up for the 'canes with Wes Goosen & Nehe Milner-Skudder due back soon, Ben Lam in great form & JSav not really doing much of note.
Does he ever?

Naholo, as just one example, is so much better but Savea somehow seems to walk into the ABs. If i was their HC i'd have Ioane and Naholo for surely.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ I'd call 46 tries in 54 Tests doing something at least every now & again (interestingly he's "only" got 44 in 101 Super Rugby appearances, must be a big-match player).

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Barring massive deluge of injuries, J.Savea's test career is over. Ioane and Naholo is all well and good until the opposition starts kicking. Particularly if they're quality kickers such as Sexton and Murray. Need those dual fullbacks out there. Ioane/Accounant/B.Barrett would be ideal, but Ioane/*/Accountant will do.

*Any of J.Barrett, Dagg, Milner-Skudder or Duffie.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Barring massive deluge of injuries, J.Savea's test career is over. Ioane and Naholo is all well and good until the opposition starts kicking. Particularly if they're quality kickers such as Sexton and Murray. Need those dual fullbacks out there. Ioane/Accounant/B.Barrett would be ideal, but Ioane/*/Accountant will do.

*Any of J.Barrett, Dagg, Milner-Skudder or Duffie.

I thought Ioane was being groomed for 13? Wouldn't that free you up to play Naholo and a second fullback on the other wing?

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Definitely for the Blues, but he wont be getting any serious game time there in black until after 2019. Even then he'll be competing with Goodhue for the role, so it's far from a certainty.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Okay that finish by Aso was unreal.

Straight after getting subbed on for Jules. Oh dear.

Canes with some ruthless highlight finishes at the try line. Kind of felt like their was fuck-all the landers could do about that one. The 2 Smiths not up to much

Chiefs so much fun to watch when it clicks.

Hello ref/linesman, you can't just let players hand the ball to their own bastard standing right in front of them, wft are you doing

Cantabs viciously send visibly deranged and concussed players over the top and out into the open fields like its France circa 1918.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
^^^^^^ I'd call 46 tries in 54 Tests doing something at least every now & again (interestingly he's "only" got 44 in 101 Super Rugby appearances, must be a big-match player).
I reckon half those were scored against France in one game heh.

Pretty sure any AB winger will have similar stats.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

To be honest my grandma could probably score a fair few tries if she was put on the end of an all star all blacks back line.

Then again, she does have decent wheels.