• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Watched the replay. Absolutely outstanding confrontational forward play for around 65 of the 80 minutes. I've not seen an Aussie team win that kind of trench warfare game for a long time. They just kept smashing the Kiwis and forcing them into mistakes. Loved it! The back row in particular were magnificent and I think a few of these lads could have big futures.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Just watched the highlights - both the 6 and the 8 look like real competitors, and should be snatched up by Super clubs ASAP.

The 6 had a real Maro Itoje type aggression around him. Constantly annoying anyone in black. Putting on big shots, and letting the opposition know when they'd stuffed up.

Wouldn't mind him in Sky Blue.

Wilson (No 6) is contracted to the Reds but Harris (No 8) is with the Tahs.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Squad named. Nick Frost added. Anyone work out who missed out?

2019 Junior Wallabies World Rugby U20s Championship Squad
Forwards
Bo Abra, Eastern Suburbs
Angus Bell, Sydney University
Darcy Breen, Sydney University
Joe Cotton, Wests Bulldogs
Nick Frost, Queanbeyan Whites*
Esei Ha’angana, Melbourne Unicorns
Will Harris, Eastern Suburbs
Trevor Hosea, Harlequins Rugby Club
Lachlan Lonergan, Tuggeranong Vikings
Fraser McReight ©, Brothers
Josh Nasser, University of Queensland
Pat Tafa, Northern Suburbs
Carlo Tizzano, University of Western Australia
Rhys Van Nek, Easts*
Harry Wilson, Brothers
Michael Wood, Brothers

Backs
Ben Donaldson, Randwick
Will Harrison, Randwick
Noah Lolesio, Tuggeranong Vikings
Michael McDonald, Palmyra
Mark Nawaqanitawase, Eastwood
Kye Oates, University of Queensland
Triston Reilly, AU7s
Sione Tui, Melbourne Unicorns
Semisi Tupou, Box Hill
Joey Walton, Gordon

*Denotes uncapped player

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I don't have the definitive previous squad, but names not there include?

Oliver Barden (P/HK)
Max Douglas (L)
Tom Kibble (BR)
Nathan Lawson (BR)
Isaak Lucas (FH/FB)
Byron Ralston (C/W)
Henry Robertson (C/W)
Egan Siggs (P/HK)
Liam Usher (P)

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
If this is the squad, wow what is happening in Queensland with the backs!
Cannot really question the forwards after the effort they displayed against the Junior Kiwi team on Saturday, thoroughly deserved and congratulations. To all the players that have been selected in the greater squad, congratulations.
I still have this nagging question as how the backs came into the squad in the first place and how some Queenslander's have been overlooked.
Indulge me a little.
Under 19 Championship in Canberra.
Qld City 1st: 7 starting backs + 4 reserve backs
Qld Country 2nd: 7 starting backs + 4 reserve backs
Aust Barbarians 4th: Starting 9, 10 and 15 from Qld.

So out of these 27 players, 2 players and one who played no club rugby in 2018 (only played league) is good enough to make the squad. What are we doing wrong in Queensland club union?

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Half the backs are from QLD anyway, Noah Lolesio, Semisi Tupou, Kye Oates and Isaac Lucas are all Queenslanders IMO.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I also feel bad for Will Deardon, who was a shoe in for the Oceanic Championship but had a bad injury. Is playing Premier Grade for Wests

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Someone please enlighten me on what some of these backs have done. And to add Nic Frost left 2 years ago after school boy championships. What has he done.

Blazing Saddles

Sydney Middleton (9)
Someone please enlighten me on what some of these backs have done. And to add Nic Frost left 2 years ago after school boy championships. What has he done.

His dad Steve is great mates with adrian thompson after running aus schools champs for the ARU. Feel so sad for the boys who busted their butts for the past 6 months only to be replaced by someone who turned their back on their country.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
His dad Steve is great mates with adrian thompson after running aus schools champs for the ARU. Feel so sad for the boys who busted their butts for the past 6 months only to be replaced by someone who turned their back on their country.
Explains everything. I remember that story and how frustrated they were that he turned his back on Australia. Obviously wasn’t good enough over there. Look at Kohen H. He left and is doing alright. Just shows you how these coaches don’t have a heart. There’s a back in that squad who didn’t even go to the 2nd camp, but was picked on what? You have to wonder how much of an influence these academy coaches have on selection. Same shit different year.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Looks like Frost displaced Douglass.

Havent seen Frost for over 2 years, cant comment on his recent form. Was plagued with injury back in school times. Is very tall.

Douglass has been playing the house down at Manly. I am sure he would be very disappointed.

There will be call ups, keep your phone turned on Max.