• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales vs Australia, EOYT 2010, Millenium Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Deans won't drop Gits....this is from The Autralian

Some of us Kiwi's still remember his crush for a guy named Caleb Ralph.

I think that the last paragraph shows they either watched a different game than I did, or that I'm completely missing something:
To be fair to Giteau, many of the questions hanging over his place in the side stem not from his own performance, which was solid against the All Blacks, but from the emerging need to have an inside centre whose strong defence might relieve some of the pressure on Quade Cooper.

T

tranquility

So:

9. Fatcat
10. Pocock
11. Rocky
12. Humphries
13. Higginbotham
14. Horwill
15. Sharpe

Solido!

David played a little bit of 10 at churchie in the younger years. He actually played 12 in his final year because he had such good hands (and they fact that their was another very good 7 in the side) and could have played 12 for Aus schools if needed. Would be interesting to seem him play there again in a Barbarians game ala Toutai Kefu.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
David actually played a little bit of 10 at churchie in the younger years. He actually played 12 in his final year because he had such good hands and could have played 12 for Aus schools if needed. Would be interesting to seem him play there again in a Barbarians game ala Toutai Kefu.

And I can well remember him running down Bryan Habana (with no angle to take advantage of) against the Barbarians in Wembley.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i think its a pretty safe bet to assume gits is putting in a lot of hard work behind the scenes
the backline plays are fantastic and we are scoring lots of tries (many from first phase) and as far as i know gits is the one calling these
also coming second in the players' player award speaks for itself
barnes is in better form i agree and should be getting more game time from then bench with burgess ie
i think half the problem is with gits is everyone expects so much of him -we need a few indians in there with the chiefs...
nuff of the haters

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
i think its a pretty safe bet to assume gits is putting in a lot of hard work behind the scenes
the backline plays are fantastic and we are scoring lots of tries
(many from first phase) and as far as i know gits is the one calling these
barnes is in better form i agree and should be getting more game time from then bench with burgess ie
i think half the problem is with gits is everyone expects so much of him -we need a few indians in there with the chiefs...
nuff of the haters

both first phase tries on the weekend were Cooper cut out passes, cutting out Gits. He was off the field for the last one, and I can't recall much involvement from him in the first one. He wasn't involved in the immediate lead up.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Simple question. Is the extra defencive work load having to cover Quade too energy sapping, leaving him with little energy in attack?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
That is only an excuse for the games he has played outside Cooper, which must only be about 50% of his games this year.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
the backline plays are fantastic and we are scoring lots of tries (many from first phase) and as far as i know gits is the one calling these
nuff of the haters

That's interesting. Perhaps what we're seeing is Gits brains and Cooper's talent, like we used to see Larkham's brains and Gits' talent. Except Cooper has the Exocet pass, so he plays 10.

TerryTate

Allen Oxlade (6)
[video=youtube;xblh1Lf4suc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xblh1Lf4suc&feature=related[/video]

Little bit of a highlight reel of Quade and Pocock 10 and 12.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Cool video - shit Pocock was huge even in school boy days, especially for a number 12.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
both first phase tries on the weekend were Cooper cut out passes, cutting out Gits. He was off the field for the last one, and I can't recall much involvement from him in the first one. He wasn't involved in the immediate lead up.

Noddy isn't one of the best posters on here for nothing. He's summed it up perfectly - the less involved Giteau is, the more dangerous the backline. What does that say ?

CULL NOW !!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
nah, don't expect it until around midnight Briso time. So a little over 2 hours away.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Cheers, I was wondering when it was going to be announced. I hope there is a little surprise in the line up so we have something to talk about tomorrow hahaha

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The team I would like to see but won't:

Slipper, Fainga'a, Maafu (given that Wales will present the weakest front row we will play in the tests)
Chisholm, Mumm (Sharpe needs two rests on the bench this tour)
Rocky, McCalman, Pocock
Genia, Cooper
Barnes, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Mitchell, Beale, JOC (James O'Connor)

Reserves: Moore, Alexander, Sharpe, Hodgson, Burgess, Giteau, Turner. Hodgson, Burgess and Turner to get at least 25-30 minutes.

Likelihood: About one in a million

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The team I would like to see but won't:

Slipper, Fainga'a, Maafu (given that Wales will present the weakest front row we will play in the tests)
Chisholm, Mumm (Sharpe needs two rests on the bench this tour)
Rocky, McCalman, Pocock
Genia, Cooper
Barnes, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Mitchell, Beale, JOC (James O'Connor)

Reserves: Moore, Alexander, Sharpe, Hodgson, Burgess, Giteau, Turner. Hodgson, Burgess and Turner to get at least 25-30 minutes.

Likelihood: About one in a million

This is a sensible line of thinking for a long tour. But I think we'll see a full-strength team, as a statement of intent and to work on combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.