• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
4. Rodda
5. Arnold
6. Jones
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani

19. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
20. McCaffrey/Samu

Is, on paper, the best lock and backrow stocks we've had in years. That's leaving out Coleman, Phillips, Simmons, Pocock, Dempsey and Hanigan who are all there to provide excellent depth.

Cheika can have no excuse for a repeat of last years debacle with the talent at his disposal this year.

And, touch wood, it looks like we'll be near full strength come start of the test season.
Pocock for Hooper and that’s the team I’d go with. Throw Hodge on the bench to cover a 6/2 split with Hooper the other backrow option and you’d have me won over

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
At this stage, I'd be worried about Pocock's body holding up the entire campaign. If he can get through the next month + RC without any time off then I'd be happy for him to be starting. But, picking him over Hooper means you're going to be a man down in the squad.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
As much as I love TK, and I think should be locked in at 13 would a midfield of 12 Kerevi 13 Hodge give us better balance, with his kicking game and better hands.

I wouldn't select it, but it might be worth a trot, if we find Kerevi TK mis firing.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
We effectively have three experienced international-quality 13s available in Kuridrani, Kerevi, and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Any team that gets knocked down to its third choice 13 is probably in trouble, and Hodge will only end up ther because we've had three season-ending injuries, not because he's first choice.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
While I agree in the ideal world all wallabies would be strong defenders, in the real world it just isn't so, particularly players whose main attribute is ball skills and game management. While not suggesting for a second that Foley or Cooper are in the same category as 10's, neither B Barrett, Mounga nor D MacKenzie are very strong defenders.

My view is that we can only have 1 weak defender to hide. For this reason I have been anti KB (Kurtley Beale). Not because he is worse than others but because the current #10 and the likely reserve #10 are the players to hide. My Issue is with the headless chook defensive structure that Nathan Grey has developed.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
My view is that we can only have 1 weak defender to hide. For this reason I have been anti KB (Kurtley Beale). Not because he is worse than others but because the current #10 and the likely reserve #10 are the players to hide. My Issue is with the headless chook defensive structure that Nathan Grey has developed.

How he got the promotion to the Wallabies job after designing the Rebels' trademark 'leaky sieve' structure is a lesson in failing upwards.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
At this stage, I'd be worried about Pocock's body holding up the entire campaign. If he can get through the next month + RC without any time off then I'd be happy for him to be starting. But, picking him over Hooper means you're going to be a man down in the squad.
I really liked BH's suggestion that Pocock be used as the super sub rather than Hooper. Hooper has the legs to play more minutes and i can see Pocock raking in a huge number of turnovers quickly if hes attacking tired players when fresh himself.

Also extends the number of games that Pocock would likely be involved in.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
The Canberra Times is reporting that Lelo has got the call up for the wallabies camp along with Cooper, To'omua and Foley. Anyone else confirmed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.