• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France 3rd Test - 21 June Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
Hopefully all of sydney turns out for a good Saturday afternoon of Rugby this weekend.

Unfortunately my exam on the Roman Republic will prevent me from attending!:mad:

Good luck to the wallabies!

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
we need the forwards to come back and prove themselves after the weekend's performance. i agree in blooding some of the new players like skelton and charles. a lot of the established squad players, e.g. TPN, can come off the pine so we get some hardness and game time for the newer players.

in the backs while AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has been strong in the centres for the tahs, we're not gaining any long term advantage bringing him in for kuridrani - we already know what he can do in the position. to my mind, white and foley weren't that bad, but they weren't great. i'd like more time for them to develop, and foley to develop relationship outside of him and be far more assertive in playmaking.

beale is not the ten we need for the first 60 - 70 and shouldn't be brought in. he is in the squad to do what he did on the weekend, bring some spark later in the game. he isnt 10 for the tahs, so i don't see any good reason for being 10 in the wallabies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I find it strange that people are calling for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to replace Kuridrani after a game in which we relied on Kuridrani more than any other back to get us over the advantage line.

Agreed. If we had bigger, fitter wingers, it would be a different conversation. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) does run better lines, but in a game like that Kuridrani made a big but unflashy difference. I'd prefer to see the same starting backs.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
If we had played England on the weekend (with Tuilagi on the wing) I would have seriously considered putting Rob Horne opposite him. Horne would have to be our most staunch defensive back, do you think?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Kuridrani is taller than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) yes, but not significantly heavier (about 100 vs about 104). AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would very probably be playing 13 but for a number of injuries to outside backs (and Speight's eligibility wrangle) with Kuridrani in the 23 jersey or in a suit. He is at least as good as Kuridrani in every aspect of playing 13 at this time, in most aspects a far sight better. When the wingers come back, he should play 13 in the RC so it makes sense to give him 1 start there before then beside To'omua.

Other than that, I'd be happy for everyone else to retain their position. There are good arguments to be made for Sio and skelton to get a go off the bench. I'd be happy with that either way.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
If we had played England on the weekend (with Tuilagi on the wing) I would have seriously considered putting Rob Horne opposite him. Horne would have to be our most staunch defensive back, do you think?

I think so, yeah. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is a good defender, but Horne has some serious starch. To'omua is no slouch, but obviously not going to be playing on the outside.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He hits hard, positioning occasionally has been a weakness, but if he's there to hit you, he usually does. Kuridrani is good too.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Arvo footy, at the SFS with two fired up teams: Wallabies will want to prove they can score a try, France will want to save some face. Expecting lots of passion and huge hits, potentially some handbags in this one. Everyone cross your fingers and pray for good weather this week.

If Big Willy gets on and runs over some blokes, I rekkon the crowd will go as wild as any Sydney crowd ever has. We might hear some cheering!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If Big Willy gets on and runs over some blokes, I rekkon the crowd will go as wild as any Sydney crowd ever has. We might hear some cheering!

Fuck, steady on!

My team:

1 Slipper
2 TPN
3 Kepu
4 Simmons
5 Horwill
6 Fardy
7 Hooper (c)
8 Palu (if fit, Benny Mac if not)
9 White
10 Foley
11 Cummins
12 To'omua
13 Kuridrani
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15 Folau

16 Charles
17 Sio
18 Weekes
19 Skelton
20 McCalman/Higgers
21 Phipps
22 Beale
23 McCabe

Get the reserves onto the park before the 70th minute to see if they can spark something. Not too worried about the result, we just need to get these guys blooded, and if the weather holds out, hopefully it won't matter.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Looking at the line out work being done;
BqOo8tOCYAAHm_d.jpg:large

Looks like run on line out vs subs; 1) Taf 2) Slipper 3) Higgers 4) Fardy 5) Simmons 6) Kepu. Then you can't miss the giant 7) Skelton 8) Hoopers long locks closest talking to Paddy?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Could we see Higgers and Skelton starting this week? I hope so. Will make for some exciting footy!

M

Moono75

Arvo footy, at the SFS with two fired up teams: Wallabies will want to prove they can score a try, France will want to save some face. Expecting lots of passion and huge hits, potentially some handbags in this one. Everyone cross your fingers and pray for good weather this week.

Arvo footy....isn't it an 8.00pm kickoff?

I think the Frogs may have fired their best shot last weekend and will fold like Mr Miyagi doing Origami after one too many short blacks.....very quickly!

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I hope Links comments about the squad members all having a run are nothing more than a wistful fantasy. I mean, while it would be great to see...we are not the All Blacks and cannot (yet) be confident our squaddies are up to the task of turning over a hopping mad French side. Losing to the French on home soil would be unacceptable, plus dent a nice little bit of momentum the wallabies are building.

The gradual and sustained introduction of younger players (or re-integration of those who have been injured/on the outer) has to be the smarter option.
Do you lose too much by having Higgers start...some would say no, I would say otherwise. You definitely gain line out ability and dynamism in the loose but you lose workrate and physicality, though if he's keen on Skelton starting then it's probably a necessary tradeoff isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.