• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
It will be difficult for the Tahs to replicate 2014. They have the team to do it as well as the Coach.

They are now the champions (but only by 1 point) and everyone will be gunnin' for them. Teams are no different to Gunfighters. A quicker one always comes along (either next year or eventually)

Old song: "Bang Bang, you shot me down"

never was a horse that couldn't be rode
never was a man who couldn't be throwed

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Biffo you must be sitting there in your RM Williams gear, Akubra, gently cracking the stock whip YEEHA

:)

the opposition will find it very hard to beat the Tahs next year.
third year in to The Great Cheiks' reign, they will be considerably improved over this year as coordination and team work develop.
they have a personnel problem with Douglas going - a truly huge loss - and must find replacements and get their lineout working.
the Tahs' attack will be much stronger next year - Kellaway and Unpronounceable-Unspellable (the big Fijian bloke) will be serious weapons.

i don't see the strategy changing too much.
as has been pointed out by many, it is one thing to see what that style does, but a very different thing to do anything about it.

... and i fully expect some more coaching moves like the great con job of the final.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Maaaaaaaate - The Reds are coming for you, all guns ablazing. Cheik will have run out of ideas. OUR RG's second real year, so brimming with new strategies. PotBOK not as effective now as he was in first half of 2014, Izzy being less effective now that time and space taken away AND we have the Whiz Kid and The Weapon at the Back. How's that for optimism

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Maaaaaaaate - The Reds are coming for you, all guns ablazing. Cheik will have run out of ideas. OUR RG's second real year, so brimming with new strategies. PotBOK not as effective now as he was in first half of 2014, Izzy being less effective now that time and space taken away AND we have the Whiz Kid and The Weapon at the Back. How's that for optimism

very high class indeed.
worthy of Reds' best boasting at their times of worst playing.
and i can remember times when the Reds were a-w-f-u-l :)

who is this weapon bloke or blokette of whom you write?
"Whizz Kid" - who is that?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
very high class indeed.
worthy of Reds' best boasting at their times of worst playing.
and i can remember times when the Reds were a-w-f-u-l :)

who is this weapon bloke or blokette of whom you write?
"Whizz Kid" - who is that?

Used be called James but we now really refer to him, in his mature years as Mr C'Connor

Hey Biffo, are you and Boyo brothers in the Banjo traditions?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Used be called James but we now really refer to him, in his mature years as Mr C'Connor

Hey Biffo, are you and Boyo brothers in the Banjo traditions?

nah, only players entitled to the honorific Mr are Mr Smith (G) and Mr Palu (c).

"Mr C'Connor": "C" for "cnut"?

who is the weapon bloke?

wtf are "Banjo traditions"?

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)

Early start on the rums mate? :)

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
In 2013 we got our attack right and we were good.

In 2014 we got our defence right and we were great.

In 2015, we get our set piece right, and we become unstoppable.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
In 2013 we got our attack right and we were good.

In 2014 we got our defence right and we were great.

In 2015, we get our set piece right, and we become unstoppable.

let's not be arrogant.
leave that to the other 15 camps in the Soup.

however, i do expect improvement along the lines you suggest and in terms of all round combination and cohesion.

let's not start a silly "find three locks" discussion.
let's just hope - and i believe we can believe - that The Great Cheiks is on that job already.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Cheika in the paper saying he won't be able to fill Douglas's boots. Will have to plan around his absence some how. Sneaky bugger

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surely we're the frontrunners to sign the Tongan Thor after reports he's coming to Australia. We need a prop, we just won a title and we have Team Tonga.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Cheika in the paper saying he won't be able to fill Douglas's boots. Will have to plan around his absence some how. Sneaky bugger

thanks. in which paper was that? can you post the full article or a link?

i have said for many moons now that the loss of Douglas will be massive.
just as the bloke starts to mature and assemble the experience and knowledge to be a serious world class lock, he's off.
anyone who doesn't realize how good Douglas is should be forced to watch, in entirety ten times, the Chiefs v Tahs game this season.

what on earth were The Coach and The Pulverizer thinking? or not thinking? they let the one test class lock in the whole furniture shop float away.
beyond my understanding.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Surely we're the frontrunners to sign the Tongan Thor after reports he's coming to Australia. We need a prop, we just won a title and we have Team Tonga.

i have suggested elsewhere that the ARU must - and i mean must as the imperative - provide a top-up for Thor to join Team Tonga which is the only place in Australia which could manage and nurture him to greatness.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

I'd think you absolutely are, but I'd be surprised if his long term career is at prop. He's been praised for his running game, I haven't been able to find his height but he's listed as 135kg as a school boy so I'd think he might be too tall to shine in the scrums. Have to imagine his long term future would be at 6 or 8. Makes him a great long term replacement for palu, though.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd think you absolutely are, but I'd be surprised if his long term career is at prop. He's been praised for his running game, I haven't been able to find his height but he's listed as 135kg as a school boy so I'd think he might be too tall to shine in the scrums. Have to imagine his long term future would be at 6 or 8. Makes him a great long term replacement for palu, though.

did i read somewhere that he is going to Australia to join family there?
did i read somewhere else that his Australian family members are in Tasmania?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)

Really, do we actually need this guy ? His 18 years of age and a schoolboy. He has been packing against boys, I get his running ability but when your legs are under fatigue from having Will Skelton up his ass will he still be able to recreate that sort of stuff. Highly doubt it let him develop and see where he goes from there.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Isn't that the point, no one says he's ready for Super Rugby but he's a talent that needs development. You need to lock him down else someone else snaps him up and when he's good he's unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.