• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Isn't that the point, no one says he's ready for Super Rugby but he's a talent that needs development. You need to lock him down else someone else snaps him up and when he's good he's unavailable.

yep, yep, yep.
every sport must have a good collection of stores.
this kid looks like a top dectile punt among the prop stores.
that's good odds.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
i have suggested elsewhere that the ARU must - and i mean must as the imperative - provide a top-up for Thor to join Team Tonga which is the only place in Australia which could manage and nurture him to greatness.
By all means, sign him up, send him to uni here, assign him a mentor (Taf jumps to mind) and give him a support network, but don't give him an ARU top up. He is the same age as me, and won't know what to spend that much money on. It won't be good news.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
By all means, sign him up, send him to uni here, assign him a mentor (Taf jumps to mind) and give him a support network, but don't give him an ARU top up. He is the same age as me, and won't know what to spend that much money on. It won't be good news.

I think Biffo was being facetious.

If the Tahs can get Tupou on the fringe of the squad for next year it would be excellent. With 4 good matchday props and Mike Ala'alatoa coming on nicely it would be a good way to round out the front rowers. With no real need for the 6th prop to be in matchday contention at the start of the season it gives us the opportunity to sign someone young who with some development could be a superstar.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think Biffo was being facetious.

If the Tahs can get Tupou on the fringe of the squad for next year it would be excellent. With 4 good matchday props and Mike Ala'alatoa coming on nicely it would be a good way to round out the front rowers. With no real need for the 6th prop to be in matchday contention at the start of the season it gives us the opportunity to sign someone young who with some development could be a superstar.

Shit shit shit

Send some props up north iof the border !!!!!!

We NEED some

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Given his brother seems to hold a lot of sway with his career, and his brother is in QLD, I'd say the reds are the front runners to sign him. Given his mum had to move back to tonga because Auckland was too cold, I'd say Canberra is out

Kate Elizabeth

Herbert Moran (7)
Isn't that the point, no one says he's ready for Super Rugby but he's a talent that needs development. You need to lock him down else someone else snaps him up and when he's good he's unavailable.

Look at this way. Undoubtedly the Reds will sign him, invest in his development massively and at great time/cost. One of the other franchises/regions will then be able to offer him more and he will leave without ever really having done much for us.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Really, do we actually need this guy ? His 18 years of age and a schoolboy. He has been packing against boys, I get his running ability but when your legs are under fatigue from having Will Skelton up his ass will he still be able to recreate that sort of stuff. Highly doubt it let him develop and see where he goes from there.
The NZRU were prepared to chuck some money at him. Given how they manage their affairs, that is a good enough reason to "need' him somewhere in Oz rugby!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm kinda in your camp @Pfitzy. I'd like to be wrong but something just doesn't smell right about this deal.

Who is his manager? Khoder Nasser or a Khoder Nasser clone?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Look at this way. Undoubtedly the Reds will sign him, invest in his development massively and at great time/cost. One of the other franchises/regions will then be able to offer him more and he will leave without ever really having done much for us.
That's part of professional sport though.
Every team invests in the development of young players that other teams ultimately end up reaping the rewards of.

Some of those players will become great players for the club and potentially play for less than they're worth for a period of time to stay at a club they love and feel loyal towards.

If George Smith was a year older and Phil Waugh a year younger would Smith be the Waratahs legend and Waugh the Brumbies legend?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah no turnovers but... *rmfe*

Why did they need to use so much footage multiple times?

Jeez I remember roaring like a mad bastard when he drove Mogg back. Runner up of the year moment behind Kibbo kicking the ball out.

FUCK YEAH!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone know this Sam Lousi from NZ warriors? Apparently a signing for the tahs next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.