• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Cap, membership card, lanyard, membership details bumph. And a coupla car stickers, which are going straight to the pool room.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Waratahs membership pack arrived today.

Bloody hell - mine hasn't!

I heard they wouldn't accept your application Pfitzy - geez that's tough especially as Lindommer was accepted and he was as much to blame as you were.

Was at Tahs training today. Willie Skelton must be keen - he's already fronted up. The other Wallabies won't get back until the New Year.

I guess everybody knows that Dave Dennis will take back the captaincy from Hooper. He seems to be running around OK but not changing direction a lot yet.

The main team was training with the Under 20s for part of today and Nathan Grey gave the young-uns no slack.

Grey is like Woody Allen to me because I can't remember many of the excellent one-liners both guys come out with.

But one quote by Grey today I remember. The youngsters were gasping for breath on a hot day and having to get off the ground repeatedly in an opposed ruck drill and he revved them up.

You've got to be able to work when you're completely f**ked.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
Was at Tahs training today. Willie Skelton must be keen - he's already fronted up. The other Wallabies won't get back until the New Year.

The main team was training with the Under 20s for part of today and Nathan Grey gave the young-uns no slack.

You've got to be able to work when you're completely f**ked.

Will's probably trying to get an early start on that fitness regime.

Lee, how were the NSW Under 20s going against the big boys? Been a bit quiet on the Junior Rugby World Cup thread on that front. I believe they are having an internal trial on Thursday before there's a pre-Christmas cull to get closer to the final squad for the March comp in Canberra.

Probably should move this conversation to that thread, but any interesting players, surprise attendees, standouts, etc, from the hit out today?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There were only about 25 U20s there today; so obviously there were a lot missing. They had a lot more there last year at this time. It's hard to comment on who was there or not there without having a list to tick people off.

Cheika came over to me today and said G'day - I was going to ask him what the Under 20 trial programme was going to be early next year but he was called away and I didn't get a chance to.

Hard to say who was shining. It wasn't a hit-out as such: they were just doing training drills.

But, as you say - better to talk about that on the 2015 U20 thread.

T

TOCC

Cheika came over to me today and said G'day - I was going to ask him what the Under 20 trial programme was going to be early next year but he was called away and I didn't get a chance to.
He had wallabies tasks to attend to.. Which tracksuit was he wearing ;)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I may do interviews with new guys Andrew Kellaway and Sam Lousi in the next couple of days.

The questions I'll ask will be as boring as bat shit so if anybody has any interesting questions (not smart-arsey) please post a few here.

Thanks

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I heard they wouldn't accept your application Pfitzy - geez that's tough especially as Lindommer was accepted and he was as much to blame as you were.

And what is even MORE odd about the whole thing is my seating was revised when he rang up. I got better seats out of it!

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I may do interviews with new guys Andrew Kellaway and Sam Lousi in the next couple of days.

The questions I'll ask will be as boring as bat shit so if anybody has any interesting questions (not smart-arsey) please post a few here.

Thanks

Ask Andrew what his favourite nickname is so we can agree on one for him moving forward: the Fire, the Red Baron or the Scarlett Pimpernel?

Too smart arsey?

Carry on.

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Ask Andrew what his favourite nickname is so we can agree on one for him moving forward: the Fire, the Red Baron or the Scarlett Pimpernel?

Too smart arsey?

Carry on.

the ranga winger could be wanga, or ringer... or he could get around as the ginger winger... or due to his sizzlin' pace he could just be sinja

Sinja or Wanga I reckon :)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs have just announced a partnership with CGU Insurance for three years which will also feature as the lower back of the jersey sponsor.

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
Whilst there has been some chatter on this page about other matters - perhaps some "positive" marketing & comments don't go astray either...

Compliments to the Tahs Management & Players - who were seen recently at Randwick Childrens Hospital giving some Xmas presents to some of the children who are having a pretty roough time of things...and are patients there at the moment.

IMHO - it never hurts to acknowledge the positives that a group like the Tah's can have on the spirits of these kids - so well done to whoever organized it - and congrats to the players for taking the time to give something back.

Lord knows we've had anough negative & tragic stuff in the last few days / weeks..

Wilson

David Codey (61)

Thanks
Be interested to know how Lousi's set piece work is going and if he has any previous rugby experience (particularly scrum and lineout).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@LeeGrant, - Waratah Interview Questions

I'd be interested in learning if AK (Andrew Kellaway) ever considered going on the Rugby 7's programme to have a tilt at Gold in Rio in 2016?

Also keen to understand how Big Fella Long Name is finding coming to grips with the more technical aspects of the game.

Finally, Roche attended the recent Players Association Induction Rookie camp. What is his contractual status with the Tahs and what are his goals for Season 2015?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has already declared he will leave after the RWC, his preference being Toulon, where his old mates Mitchell and Giteau are at, but he said there were other clubs who were interested.

Toulon score more tries than anybody else, by some margin, but he would like Clermont also: they play like the Tahs.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has already declared he will leave after the RWC, his preference being Toulon, where his old mates Mitchell and Giteau are at, but he said there were other clubs who were interested.

Toulon score more tries than anybody else, by some margin, but he would like Clermont also: they play like the Tahs.

You're in the south-west of France and you're playing rugby and you're getting paid for it. Not too bad if you ask me.:)

I wish him all the best if that's where he ends up; he could certainly do a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.