• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I see Alofa Alofa has been named for Randwick this weekend. Hopefully he comes back to the Tahs, because he was so good in 2014. I notice he isn't on the Wikipedia squad list for La Rochelle for next year, so it's possible.

Unless there's another Alofa Alofa I don't know about.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I see Alofa Alofa has been named for Randwick this weekend. Hopefully he comes back to the Tahs, because he was so good in 2014. I notice he isn't on the Wikipedia squad list for La Rochelle for next year, so it's possible.

He could take over the foreign marquee spot from Zac Guildford if they don't have anyone else in mind.

The only issue is we have a lot of wingers with Naiyaravoro back and Cam Clark joining next season.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
He could take over the foreign marquee spot from Zac Guildford if they don't have anyone else in mind.

The only issue is we have a lot of wingers with Naiyaravoro back and Cam Clark joining next season.

If Rob Horne moves to inside-centre (and I suspect that's probably what will happen next year), that'll open up a spot. And I don't think Matt Carraro is on contract for 2017.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

He's on a short-term deal with the Rebels, as injury cover.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
With Horne looking more likely to be our 12 moving forward, I wonder if this is the first choice backline we'll see next season.

Phipps
Foley
Clark
Horne
Folau
Naiyaravoro
Kellaway

I'm intrigued to see how Cam Clark goes in Super Rugby.

Bench would be Lucas, Horwitz, Robinson/Jones maybe? Assuming Carraro moves on/retires.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
^^^^^^I hope you're wrong.
Both Foley & Horne are strong performers,but I don't think they compliment each other at 10,12

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
^^^^^^I hope you're wrong.
Both Foley & Horne are strong performers,but I don't think they compliment each other at 10,12

He played 12 against the Chiefs and that was our best performance of the year.

Well the other likely 12 option is Horwitz who you don't think is up to it.

What do you suggest?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Give Clark a go?
Sign QC (Quade Cooper)?
Recruit a marquis ball playing 12?
Lock in Hodge now,before Rebels extend him?
Resign ourselves to a first choice combination that doesn't compliment each other?

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Gibson has now come out and said he's interested in Hayne. Pretty rare for them to admit that publicly with no substance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
They did in the last game, Horne was very good at 12.
Yes he was.
I'm not suggesting in any way he's not a strong 12.
But he is a runner,not a ball player.
As is Foley IMO.
I just can't see them as a combination lighting up the rest of the back line.
Which we will need to happen if we are to be contenders,and not merely 'competitive '.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Gibson has now come out and said he's interested in Hayne. Pretty rare for them to admit that publicly with no substance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reporter "Would you be interested in Hayne?"
Gibson "Of course he is a great player, we would love to have him if we could fit him into our salary cap"

Title of "article"
"Waratahs to sign Hayne"

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yes he was.
I'm not suggesting in any way he's not a strong 12.
But he is a runner,not a ball player.
As is Foley IMO.
I just can't see them as a combination lighting up the rest of the back line.
Which we will need to happen if we are to be contenders,and not merely 'competitive '.

It worked because he shoveled it on to Folau as his first option giving Folau plenty of space

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Foley & Horne will be well suited,because the Tahs are picking Izzy at 13?
By that logic,picking Latu to start at 2 is confirmation that the 2row is well balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.