• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
^ helps his wallaby selection chances even more now that he's a Tah ;)

more to the point it helps his selection chances now that he's moved to a franchise where he'll actually get to play. Cheika never dropped him, can't blame him for Thorn's decisions.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Yes and hence smart for tahs to sign him as could be a good redemption story as he is no carney who was a nrl grub but yes he had a drug problem and paid heavy price and the public do like seeing people who fall of the rails but are not bad people have a shot at redemption. Deserves his last chance and could be a good news story for rugby if hunt stays clean and succeeds at the tahs. For rugby’s sake I hope that is the case as would also sell a good message for young players wanting to consider rugby as opposed to league that we will do our best to help you if you play your part.

Agree Nutter, he could not be retained at the Reds, he had slipped twice and didn't heed the warning. He is now in Last Chance Saloon and hopefully doesn't have a double shot. Well played Tahs, hope he doesn't let you down

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
more to the point it helps his selection chances now that he's moved to a franchise where he'll actually get to play. Cheika never dropped him, can't blame him for Thorn's decisions.

Hunt can blame himself!! Take some responsibility, and now show he has finally learnt

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Hunt can blame himself!! Take some responsibility, and now show he has finally learnt

Well that's true. I wasn't absolving him of any responsibility but my point was that his non inclusion in last year's test squads had zero to do with Michael Cheika.

Reactions: dru

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Opeti Helu returning to rugby this year, it will be interesting to see where he ends up by the end of the season. Not sure he'll make the Tahs this year but you never know.

RubixCube

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interesting to see that the Tahs have not locked down Cron for Head Coach next year, "The Waratahs will be facing some list management challenges after this season, with head coach Daryl Gibson off contract, forwards coach Simon Cron also off contract and Phipps and Rona headed to England.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
True. Rona won't make wallabies and Phipps is 30 and post Cheika won't get a run.

I was hoping Will would come back but the money oversees is too tempting.

He is also playing a in a shit hot side which doesn't hurt as well

Status
Not open for further replies.