• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Rebels, RD3 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Flight is back on time for me. What the hell is going on with your weather.

It is hot and sunny during the week and then when it gets to Friday it starts raining.

I have had so many weekends of cricket cancelled this Summer.

It is outrageous.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Still pissing down at 1.40pm. It's a pity because both sides like having a crack - and it will make for a small crowd.

The referee tonight is interesting - Rohan Hoffman. Born in Brisbane, he played for Portugal for years.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
5.30 couldnt come soon enough! Dying to get out of work to have a few swift beers before this game! Also got a covered seat so not too worried about the crap weather

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't believe anyone has covered it although its to my understanding that Patrick McCutcheon will be playing in the curtain raiser tonight. Great news for both Patrick and the Tahs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't believe anyone has covered it although its to my understanding that Patrick McCutcheon will be playing in the curtain raiser tonight. Great news for both Patrick and the Tahs.

Yes. It is great news.

The full team is posted in the Pacific Rugby Cup 2013 thread in this forum section (Rugby Matches).

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Thankfully my seats are under cover!

That's what I thought when I booked my ticket for the Wallabies v Scotland game in Newcastle but when I got to the ground the rain was going sideways and I would have got soaked anyway. I retreated up the stand.

Fortunately the wind changed just before the match and the poor bastards on the other side of the park copped it as I moseyed back down to my seat.

That was the high point of my night.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
That's what I thought when I booked my ticket for the Wallabies v Scotland game in Newcastle but when I got to the ground the rain was going sideways and I would have got soaked anyway. I retreated up the stand.

Fortunately the wind changed just before the match and the poor bastards on the other side of the park copped it as I moseyed back down to my seat.

That was the high point of my night.

And nothing is really and truly undercover at the SFS

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I truly hope that the Tah's ignore their own press re "running rugby" tonight

If they try to run it out of their 22 in this shit weather ... . . . . ...

Kick the shit out of it guys, kick deep to the corners (@ Lachlan Mitchell when ever possible - he can't kick) and work the pressure at set piece, and compete for everything. And if in doubt compete for the ball at every collision.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FYI.........

Radio, Wizard banned from post-match functions

"Radio", the notorious official, and his mate "the Wizard" are certain to be barred from the New South Wales Waratahs-Melbourne Rebels after-match function due to complaints from several players and at least one administrator, who do not want to be "pestered" by this dubious "loose as a goose" pair.

Free beers to anyone who goes to the press conference dressed up as these characters.........

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I'm at the ground - it's drizzling - the rain is nowhere near as heavy as it was earlier where I live.

Can we hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.