• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs V Reds July 13 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I'm looking forward ti going even though it is at Homebush.

It will be interesting to see how big the crowd will be.

I hope you blokes draw a good crowd. The shambles of the test last week I worry would have taken away from any enthusiasm built for rugby during the Lions series. If it had of been an epic battle last week and not the anti climax it was, I really think the Tahs could of piggy backed some fantastic support from the high that had been generated from the public during the Lions series. It also sucks that Izzy and other big names have been ruled out and from a promotional context that is a cruel blow for the Tahs.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
This is the last game for many Tahs to prove their worth to Ewen.

Kepu vs Slipper
Douglas vs Simmons
Hooper vs Gill
Horne vs Tapuai

T

TOCC

Anthony Fainga'a out injured, Jono Lance takes his position on the bench.

Given Ioane, Genia and Horwill are out for the Reds, i think they are going to struggle, Ed O'Donoghue doesn't offer the physicality and ball running that Horwill does, Frisby is a good young player but he isn't of the same calibre as Genia.

Also the back-line has me a little dubious, Morahan and Davie aren't exactly well renowned defenders.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
With the crusaders locking up 4th the best the Reds can do is 5th. Cheetahs have the bye so all Reds need is 1 bonus point to lock up 5th I'm pretty sure? Nick McArdle saying the Reds need to win this game to hold 5th but I don't think that's right. Anyone?

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
With the crusaders locking up 4th the best the Reds can do is 5th. Cheetahs have the bye so all Reds need is 1 bonus point to lock up 5th I'm pretty sure? Nick McArdle saying the Reds need to win this game to hold 5th but I don't think that's right. Anyone?
You are right. If the Waratahs win by more than 7 you finish 6th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Sweet. Or the highly unlikely 4 try BP but lose by more than 7! I wonder how they approach the game in that regard then? Go for the 4 tries? Or just try to win however it comes?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I'm going - being an ANZ stadium member means it's essentially free (company paid the membership in 2000) so had booked tickets from pre season. But being a member means I get to park and watch from the opposite end to almost everyone else, so I wont see any of you plebs, mwuhahahaha :)

I hope that you had your little finger in your mouth when you said that.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
So with the Crusaders winning we can't finish higher than 5th

Now surley I can't be the only one who would feel more comfortable playing the Brumbies in Canberra instead of the Crusaders in Christchurch? A loss will not be a horrible thing. Not saying I want that to happen, but it's not a terrible end result.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hmm I'm still emotionally scarred after been at ANZ last Saturday, I might have to watch this one from home.

That emotional scaring is Wallabies related. We have moved on from there. Wallabies is so last week,

No more setting aside petty state sniping for the national good. Cross border warfare is back on.

It will be fine to venture into the outer Inner West to watch inter-state rugby without fear of further emotional damage.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Reds are vulnerable this week.

Horwill and Genia are massive losses, but Fainga'a out takes our your defensive spine and organisation. Foley is going to have a field day.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
So with the Crusaders winning we can't finish higher than 5th

Now surley I can't be the only one who would feel more comfortable playing the Brumbies in Canberra instead of the Crusaders in Christchurch? A loss will not be a horrible thing. Not saying I want that to happen, but it's not a terrible end result.

The fly in the ointment in that scenario is if the Bulls lose without a bonus point, the Chiefs win and the Brumbies win with a bonus point - then the Reds would be playing in Pretoria next week

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I have a spare ticket to the game tomorrow night if anyone wants it.

PM me if you are interested.

If I take the ticket do I have to go? I've given away Bledisloe tickets in the past rather than go to a ground where you need binoculars to watch the big screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.