• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Reds - Round 1 - 2012R01

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pete88

Very silly to kick away possession with 15 seconds on the clock, hindsight and all that.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Kicking the ball away when you're trying to close out the game in the last minute is just stupid. Fair play to the Reds for taking advantage of it.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yep. When the comms said "no one home at the back" when Diggers knocked on, my immediate thought to the comment was, who cares, just tuck it under and play with ball in hand for 15 seconds. Very poor decision making.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
To be fair, I think credit should be to the Tahs for being there at the end. They didn't look like it at all early. They really worked their way back into the game. I think the turning point though was Sarel going off. McKibbin was alright, but lacked the composure needed for that sort of game.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Very silly to kick away possession with 15 seconds on the clock, hindsight and all that.

Just plain dumb!!

Let's not forget that the ref had just given them advantage as well from the reds knock on... just drop the effing ball on the ground , take the scrum with feed and kick the effing ball out!!

The game was not lost from want of effort but want of brains and footy nous!!

jauzy19

Ward Prentice (10)
Waratahs were the better side imho, but they lacked a brain. A lot of technical errors (missed passes, knock-ons), which is typical for the first game of the season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.