• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Reds - Round 1 - 2012R01

Status
Not open for further replies.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Link looks like the new waterboy for the REDS!!!!!
What a CROCK.Whenever somebody looks good or becomes proficent at something - John Eales/lineouts - they change the rules.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What I am saying is that all hell can break loose on the sideline and I know the teams are run professionally, but if Link is allowed to stand in the players tunnel as he does at Suncorp then he can talk directly to the reserves and the manager and hence make it so once less person is talking on the "Comms". He will still be in communication with the other coaches in the box who have the height to see everything else.

These are good practical points but the other thing is we dont (at least I dont) want the coach standing in the technical box, like they do in the "world game", gesticulating and carrying on like a good sort...or they like they do in the home of the brave:

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Picture this scenario if I may indulge.

Two players are down at once and the Physio and the doctor are trying to communicate to coaches (in coaches box) and manager the severity of the situation. The Dr and Physio are talking over the top of each other - result jumbled message.
Manager takes control - "one at a time boys Doc you first".
Also the player in the blood bin and is due to get back on the field - (10 minutes allowed to get stitched) he not back yet 8 mins ticked over. Send the water runner to Medical room to check if he is ready to go back on.

The Reserves are in the in goal area doing their warm ups - the manager is trying to contact the trainer to get reserves back to replace the injured whilst also trying to speak to the coach. Because positions need to covered by reserves who will be substituting in unfamiliar positions. The coach wants to speak quickly to the reserves before they take the field.

What I am saying is that all hell can break loose on the sideline and I know the teams are run professionally, but if Link is allowed to stand in the players tunnel as he does at Suncorp then he can talk directly to the reserves and the manager and hence make it so once less person is talking on the "Comms". He will still be in communication with the other coaches in the box who have the height to see everything else.
so he could just wait in the dressing rooms and all reserves could take a 10 second detour to get the information from him.

Can reserves talk to the crowd during and after warmups? Can they talk to someone who is on a phone call to a coach in the coaches box?

I think for every reason why the coach cant be on the field there is a way to achieve the same result, so just let it be

College Football in the states uses big cards on the sideline to send out plays (I seem to recall the Raiders in NRL doing the same)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/110107_oregon_ducks_signs&sportCat=ncf
pg2_oregon_sign1_200.jpg

each box represents a possible play, some teams just use different colored pieces of cardboard.

The Reds could simply use a picture of Van up when it is time to roll some c#*t

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
so he could just wait in the dressing rooms and all reserves could take a 10 second detour to get the information from him.

Can reserves talk to the crowd during and after warmups? Can they talk to someone who is on a phone call to a coach in the coaches box?

I think for every reason why the coach cant be on the field there is a way to achieve the same result, so just let it be

College Football in the states uses big cards on the sideline to send out plays (I seem to recall the Raiders in NRL doing the same)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/110107_oregon_ducks_signs&sportCat=ncf
pg2_oregon_sign1_200.jpg

each box represents a possible play, some teams just use different colored pieces of cardboard.

The Reds could simply use a picture of Van up when it is time to roll some c#*t
The answer is: dems da rules
Its like saying that QLD go better with 16 players or an underfinflated ball: too bad

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Tahs backs are all running across field - starting @ half but certainly being compounded at 10. Horne showing he has been overrated but my judgment on him is reserved.

S

spooony

All the top refs think they are number one on the field, not number 31 as they should be.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Ref very harsh around the breakdown as were Pollock, Lawrence and Kaplan yesterday. So long as they all do it and keep it up it will serve to stop players coming in the side and releasing and such.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
First half was full of mistakes but you'd expect that the first game out of the season. Tahs need to stop giving away easy kickable penalties.

S

spooony

The line between right or wrong was made thinner by those blokes up north

Status
Not open for further replies.