1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Reds - Round 1 - 2012R01

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by tigerland12, Feb 19, 2012.

1. spectator Bob Davidson (42)

Hard to believe that Barnes would be considered if he wasn't 100%, after all it is only the first game of the season.
  2. Intruder Jimmy Flynn (14)

Is there a chance of Halangahu playing 10 and Barnes plays 12 ?
  3. Braveheart81 Rod McCall (65)

There's no way Carter would be dropped.

If Barnes is to play and can't goalkick I'd guess they'll either have someone who is pretty bad at it goalkicking (Kingston, AAC or Horne I guess), or move AAC to the wing, drop BKH and play Foley at fullback.
    fatprop likes this.
  4. tranquility Banned

My money was put where my pie hole is yesterday.
  5. Schadenfreude John Solomon (38)

We're going to see the fly half for the St Patrick's Under 13 Bs starting for the Tahs this weekend aren't we?
    suckerforred likes this.
  6. tranquility Banned

Hate to be 'that-guy', but in what is expected to be a tight affair how valuable is Mike Harris's boot going to be? especially considering that the Tahs may be without a noted kicker...
    Scotty likes this.
  7. qwerty51 Nick Farr-Jones (63)

None at all, unless he can drop kick ;)
  8. Scoey Peter Fenwicke (45)

Where's the "bet you $5" option? ;) I'm yet to see a QLD v NSW game where neither team gave away a penalty in their own half!
  9. emuarse Bill McLean (32)

Hav'nt you heard? He's got the X-factor. (mirth, chortle, cough in the rompers)
  10. What2040 Dave Cowper (27)

Reckon you are on the money with Schatz actually starting and Samo off the bench for impact at 60 minute mark and Beau on first with Gilly to create a overall tireless effort from the position of 7.
    suckerforred likes this.
  11. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

..I dont get it..
  12. tranquility Banned

I would assume he would like for you to create a crying smily face. Tears of joy etc.
  13. waratahjesus Greg Davis (50)

"The Reds' bold ambition was revealed by injured star Quade Cooper yesterday at the same time he warned fans that Queensland would pack away the razzle-dazzle and do whatever it takes to beat NSW on Saturday night.
    After getting a wake-up call from the Waratahs in a 30-6 loss at ANZ Stadium last year, Cooper said Queensland would arrive in Sydney with a "take no prisoners" attitude.
    "It doesn't mean playing entertaining rugby and entertaining the crowd. It's about getting the win," Cooper said."
    - http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...per-rugby-titles/story-fnbzp4lk-1226278750042

one thing i hope changes this year is perception. if the Tahs went to QLD with this attitude there would be uproar. The entertainers dont care about the crowd.
  14. tranquility Banned

Yawn.

Storm in a teacup if ever I have heard one.
  15. emuarse Bill McLean (32)

I'd guess that the Reds plan would be to take on the 'tahs in a dour forward struggle for the first 40 - 50 minutes, and then open the game up in the last quarter. Earlier it is probably going to be a bit more like a Test.
    No doubt it will be a cauldron during the first half, but eventually fatigue will set in being the first game of the season.
    suckerforred likes this.
  16. liquor box Arch Winning (36)

I guess it depends what is classed as entertaining rugby, I thought the Reds were the most entertaining last year but were also the team that kicked most.
    suckerforred likes this.
  17. suckerforred Desmond Connor (43)

She. And I want a bawling smile. To use at times when Lachie is ruled out for the season, McDuling dito, Vickers resigns etc. Something that is more emotive then the normal sad face. :( I think my original description was something along the lines of a two year old throwing a tantrum.

Edit - Oh , not tear of joy, just out and out terribly upset.
  18. Brumby Jack Peter Sullivan (51)

There are tweets doing the rounds that Berrick Barnes is out.
  19. fatprop Simon Poidevin (60)

Oh well, I am trying to work out why Hangers is being considered his replacement and not Foley
  20. barbarian Mark Ella (57)

According to FoxSports

I wonder if they have got the names mixed up and TC will be captain. I fucking hope they have the names mixed up.
    tranquility and Langthorne like this.