• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Yeah, not bad. One of his strengths is that he gets the ball out quick and keeps the backline moving.

I hope we keep Justin Turner. We need to keep developing these young WA players. Josh Holmes is a know quantity, and with Sheehan in support I think we can take a chance on the young guy.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yeh good one indeed. Gig to feel sorry for Holmes or turner. I suppose that's the nature of the game. Or is it?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
With two very experienced halfbacks it'd be plain silly for them to keep Holmes and ditch Turner (who has shown a heap of promise when fit).

There's never a need for 3 experienced 9s in one squad (obviously you want them all to be good but experienced doesn't necessarily equal good and vice versa).

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
From what i see on twitter Mick Snowden is on his way over to the force must be an eps so you would think both Holmes and Turner are gonski.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
From what i see on twitter Mick Snowden is on his way over to the force must be an eps so you would think both Holmes and Turner are gonski.

Yes, an interesting little chat with the KBomb about housing.

Anyone got a spare room at their's (and a very large fridge-freezer combo)?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Such a waste of the extra overseas spot. Holmes I thought looked like A solid signing. Turner I thought was also a real half for the future. Now here about snowdon coming and I don't know what to think.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
If it is handled well, this is a good decision. Turner won't want to be dropped back to the EPS but he hasn't shown he can stay fit enough to warrant a full squad position. Tell him to get a year of rugby in Japan or Europe and that there will be a contract waiting for him after a year if his body holds up.

T

tranquility

Alby Mathewson is a wily footballer, who offers much more than Sheehan so that makes him your best option in a key position. He is also relatively young, despite being very experienced and working with some very successful operations. Very good signing in my opinion, keep Turner around to soak up all he can.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I am hoping there is an ace up the force's sleeve now lock wise. I would take any sort of leadership. Shit I would even take mumm........actually no I wouldn't.

Maybe Chisholm to make a comeback

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Watching from afar, it actually looks like some pieces are starting to fall into place as far as player signings are concerned. Mathewson is a good pickup.

Can't blame him for leaving the Blues either. He was really good for the Blues last year, and then they went and signed Piri..

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
I am hoping there is an ace up the force's sleeve now lock wise. I would take any sort of leadership. Shit I would even take mumm....actually no I wouldn't. Maybe Chisholm to make a comeback

Shouldn't they use the Ace they're holding for a #12? Seems to be the last puzzle piece.

While not setting the world alight, Lynn and Wykes should be a serviceable lockng combo, no?

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
I don't know how many international marquee spot the Force can have but a lock like Manu Carizza, who is on the starting XV of Argentina, is unemployed after Biarritz didn't renew his contract.
Some Pumas are not contracting in Europe, only at an amateur level in Argentina or unemployed. It might worth it to have a look.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I don't know how many international marquee spot the Force can have but a lock like Manu Carizza, who is on the starting XV of Argentina, is unemployed after Biarritz didn't renew his contract.
Some Pumas are not contracting in Europe, only at an amateur level in Argentina or unemployed. It might worth it to have a look.

Players who miss the start of the Top14 season aren't attractive buys.

The Argentine 6 is also locally contracted and he apparently plays lock too (according to his wiki article). He stood out for me as a work horse at the WC and has been good in the 4N also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julio_Farías_Cabello

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Force have their marquee player already in Mathewson, so they can't take any other internationally capped players.

Seeing as the Force have dispensation for one other developmental player, they only have room for a foreign uncapped player left (with the other spot being Eberson).

And the obvious positions to fill for me are either 12 or lock as well. 12 looks like a higher priority at this stage.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I cant think of too many 12's worth signing at the moment. The only place you are going to find an uncapped player who is super rugby standard is NZ or South Africa.

So they may hold off and watch a bit more ITM and Curry Cup before signing someone.

I still think they would be better investing in young australians though.

Status
Not open for further replies.