• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
That was back in the days of settlement when Free Church dissenters from Scotland lobbed in what they called Dunedin. There were a lot of Scots miners coming to a gold rush later also.

I spent about 8 years in NZ as a youngster and you could often tell that a person was from down south by the burr in the voice. That was a long time ago, but have a good listen to Jamie McIntosh in post match interviews and how he rolls his arse. Make that Rs. The Scot's' heritage is still there.

But I digress - there aren't any current players who had grandparents who were settlers or came for the gold rush.

McIntosh's accent is called the "southland drawl"

M

Moono75

After that game against the Sharks things are looking terminal for the Force. They really need some positive news with regards to a coach and some big player signings to bolster the franchise. If the season continues to nosedive it may make Pococks decision on next year an easy one. We need some action RugbyWA....whats the plan going ahead?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
What's the consensus, is Cheika the type of coach who could attract players? From reading his history he seems well credentialed, but has he had enough success to draw in the talent we need?

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Only one challenge cup final with Paris but he failed to reach the play offs the two seasons he was coach.
One H Cup with Leinster but he also build the group who is know walking above European rugby.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Australian coaches are made to coach Super rugby or perhaps in the Pro12, coaching in the Top 14 or Premiership is a completely different skill. Squad rotation/management is more than just something the media writes about, it's absolutely key to winning.

Maybe Cheika just didn't suit.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
He is talented but he was unlucky in Paris. He came when the team was almost broke and he had no opportunity to hire quality players.
I think he did great regarding the squad he had.

M

Moono75

The Force need to make a coaching decision ASAP after their dismal effort against the Sharks. Action has to be seen to be taken to restore some confidence in what is looking like a rudderless ship. Talk has been of Cheika and recently Plumtree but can the Force afford to wait till the end of the Super season to make an announcement about Plumtree? Players arn't going to sign on without knowing who the coach is. Maybe the timing of Cheika's sacking is the good news the Force need.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Is maafu signed passed this year? If not we need to get rid of him. In the sharks game he had 3 penalties against him and one was when we were hot on attack and then he dropped hodgson in the line out. All in the space of about 10 min He is just not very good at all.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

M

Moono75

Maafu could do with dropping some weight to improve his coverage around the field. I think he would have to have a least a 2 year contract to make it worth the while coming to Perth. I would like to see Salesi Manu get a bit more game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.