• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
NG got dogged a bit by the Snowden deal but talk of him still being around the squad i heard in another capacity but on the otherside of that i heard he could be on his way back to QLD

RT is one option but also BG

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
NG got dogged a bit by the Snowden deal but talk of him still being around the squad i heard in another capacity but on the otherside of that i heard he could be on his way back to QLD

RT is one option but also BG
NG would be a handy EPS pick up considering we may need some extra halfback cover. You lost me at BG though haha

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Brett Gillespie.......but that was me being hopeful...... but word is that RT has been Taped or Tapuai-ed up.

Genia has a bit versatility can play few positions like stannard so wouldnt be a bad pick up....it just depends on what force want to do.

But they need back three players desperately

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Brett Gillespie...but that was me being hopeful.. but word is that RT has been Taped or Tapuai-ed up.

Genia has a bit versatility can play few positions like stannard so wouldnt be a bad pick up..it just depends on what force want to do.

Genia and Godwin have been destroying the opposition when together this year for Associates. the GF is this week against Neddies should be a cracker of a game.

M

Moono75

...the benefits of the new coaching structure at the Force.....thinking outside the box with recruitment for a change. Just get guys in that can play good rugby...who would have thought!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It would appear that Foley has learnt plenty from what went wrong at the Tahs last year.

That's good for the Force and Australian rugby.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So this is apparently what the coaching structure will look like next year.

Director of Coaching/Head Coach - Michael Foley
Forwards Coach - Nick Stiles
Backs Coach - Steve Meehan
Defence coach/consultant - David Wessels
Kicking strategies coach and sports psychologist - Phil Fowler (ex reds)
GM of Rugby and Recruiting - Chris Webb (ex tahs)

Which means Phil Blake and Andrew Scotney are both gone.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So the Force have cut a lot of backs, just where are they planning to find adequate replacements?

Do they buy a load of kids and hope? They have removed the journeymen, but?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah with Sidey Repana and Harvey gone, Stanley looks to be safe and Rasolea in doubt I just hope we can find some young talent.

What I do like is change, things have become a bit stagnant at the Force in recent years with a new team and coaching set up hopefully we will see some results in the coming years.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Brett Gillespie...but that was me being hopeful.. but word is that RT has been Taped or Tapuai-ed up.

Genia has a bit versatility can play few positions like stannard so wouldnt be a bad pick up..it just depends on what force want to do.

I just had a look he plays 13 yes? Is he a crach 13 or a more Smith type player?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I just had a look he plays 13 yes? Is he a crach 13 or a more Smith type player?

It's hard to say, a lot of guys who looks majestic in the centres at club become crash ballers at a higher level because of the HUGE pace change.

I will say however he makes his brother look very small.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I wouldn't say that by any means. I wouldn't call him crash ball, although he can handle the physicality. He has footwork and likes to get outside his man and is also decent at setting up his outside man.

dave

Stan Wickham (3)
For force fans this is the best bit of news in this whole thread.

I was hoping steve would get the job at the reds when Link moved on.

Yep, he's done some good things in the NH. Let's hope he can get the force backline firing.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Another Waratah joins Force
Former Waratahs team manager Chris Webb has teamed up with his ex-NSW coach Michael Foley as the Western Force high performance manager.
Webb, who signed on in the newly created role on Tuesday, had long been expected to become Foley's right-hand man at the Force after suddenly quitting the Tahs a week before Foley resigned two months ago.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/rugby-union/14976106/another-waratah-joins-force/

Status
Not open for further replies.