• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
That is a really young squad.

One 32 and one 30 year old. Everyone else is younger.

Although by my quick analysis, I think that there are only about 10 players in Australia who will be 30 at the start of the competition and the oldest is Josh Mann-Rae who turns 33 in February.

I am pretty sure the Brumbies had a team all under 30 a couple of years ago. The Reds team has been very young over the last few years with the obvious exception of Samo.

About 10 years ago, 1 of the AFL teams claimed to have had their first squad without a single married player.

I would guess that the Force average age wouldn't be that much younger than the other teams.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Although by my quick analysis, I think that there are only about 10 players in Australia who will be 30 at the start of the competition and the oldest is Josh Mann-Rae who turns 33 in February.

I am pretty sure the Brumbies had a team all under 30 a couple of years ago. The Reds team has been very young over the last few years with the obvious exception of Samo.

About 10 years ago, 1 of the AFL teams claimed to have had their first squad without a single married player.

I would guess that the Force average age wouldn't be that much younger than the other teams.
Yeah i just added together all the Brumbies players listed on their website and they avaraged 24.96 (born-dec31-2013) so its pretty close.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Any word on current member numbers Gaffa?

Lots of older members I have spoken to are still staying away.
Word on TWF

"can tell you that in a Super Rugby first we will be featuring different sponsors on the front of each playing jumper. There will be a write up about it in The West tomorrow in the business section, but as always, you heard it first here on TWF"

shall wait and see tomorrow i guess.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A different sponsor for each jumper?

It sounds like they couldn't get anyone to pay up to be the main sponsor.........

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)

It sounds like they couldn't get anyone to pay up to be the main sponsor...

Yeah I’m not sure how I feel about it but will wait till tomorrow before I pass judgement.

They did do something similar in the final game last year against the Brumbies all the sponsors on the back of the jerseys where different local businesses ones that alone wouldn’t be able to cough up enough dough to be a sole sponsor but together it worked as a local business type syndicate.

Who knows it may be away to connect with local community or it could be a last minute decision to save face...

M

Moono75

It sounds like they couldn't get anyone to pay up to be the main sponsor...

There are many different avenues to securing your sponsorship dollars. Do the Uni of Canberra acutally pay the Brumbies any money or is it just in kind sponsorship?

T

TOCC

There are many different avenues to securing your sponsorship dollars. Do the Uni of Canberra acutally pay the Brumbies any money or is it just in kind sponsorship?

Of course they pay..

The true value of this proposed system will be In the bottom line, I can't see a collective of multiple sponsors equating to what a single major sponsor may have paid.. I could be wrong though

Souths Rabbitohs had an away sponsor and a home sponsor last year

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Yes, the University of Canberra pay a hefty sum to be the Brumbies' naming-rights sponsor........

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So reading the paper they are selling each starting jumper for $50k and the res for $25k they have sold 8 starting jumpers but the rest are still up for grabs... Doing the math if they sell every jumper that's $950,000 which is $50k less than reported what we got last year.

Let's hope they can get the rest sold and soon

7u5ume4e.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
and would be cumulatively more than any front of jersey sponsor in Australia I'd suggest, but obviously (I assume) takes from their overall total sponsorship figure.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wasn't the Brumbies' UC deal a million a year also?

It'll be interesting to see if they can sell on the remaining jerseys. I also wonder what a company would pay for a naming rights deal with no logo or if say one of our sleeve sponsors would fork in an extra 100k-200k for naming rights. Might be too late for some publications, etc. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.