• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Force might wanna get the player profile images up to date, or at least attempt some bad north korean photoshop.

Capture.JPG

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Are the Force playing any pre-season trials against good opponents or is it all just "in-house"? There's nothing in the match threads to indicate a game is pending. With the Waratahs in Sydney first up you'd think some sort of hit-out would be needed to reinforce combinations.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Are the Force playing any pre-season trials against good opponents or is it all just "in-house"? There's nothing in the match threads to indicate a game is pending. With the Waratahs in Sydney first up you'd think some sort of hit-out would be needed to reinforce combinations.
They play Samoa A this Friday which is the team who will be playing in the Pacific cup and then next week against the Pampas XV again the Argentinian team playing in the Pacific cup.

http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/905/ArticleID/10713/Default.aspx

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
A pre-game match before the Pampas XV will be Western Force A v Samoa A. This will let the rest of the squad/extended squad also have a run against competition.

M

Moono75

The Force again opting for a low key intro to the Super rugby season. It makes it hard to get a handle on where exactly they are at. Hopefully we can make it through without any major injury concerns and start off with first up win.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Force again opting for a low key intro to the Super rugby season. It makes it hard to get a handle on where exactly they are at. Hopefully we can make it through without any major injury concerns and start off with first up win.

The low key approach is virtually forced upon the WF due to the cost of getting teams to Perth.

January pre-season has seen good contact against teams of young local talent.

Lucky to get the Samoa and Pampas teams to visit.

But then again Perth is fantastic this time of year.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's a shame that McMeniman will miss a few games.

Seems to get to a consistent level then struck down by a serious injury that rules him out for months instead of just a week or two.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...season-20140205-3211m.html?rand=1391569681450

MMM has only recently been given the go-ahead to return to full training.

Hugh elected to have a major shoulder re-construction at the end of last season to fix what had been a nagging complaint.

Chose the best longer-term fix which should see him back better than ever after a few rounds.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
MMM has only recently been given the go-ahead to return to full training.

Hugh elected to have a major shoulder re-construction at the end of last season to fix what had been a nagging complaint.

Chose the best longer-term fix which should see him back better than ever after a few rounds.

Won't say that I'm distressed he won't be lining up against us in the season opener. :)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Being injured for the first few games gives MMM a better chance of still being fit for the June tests.

Look out for him in the Wallabies 23 against France!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'm not getting my hopes up about his long term fitness. My guess is he will play half the season, his shoulder will go just before the tests and a quiet few years back in Japan will see him finish a career with a lot of questions unanswered. Really hope I am wrong.

M

Moono75

The low key approach is virtually forced upon the WF due to the cost of getting teams to Perth.

January pre-season has seen good contact against teams of young local talent.

Lucky to get the Samoa and Pampas teams to visit.

But then again Perth is fantastic this time of year.

I agree it may be hard to get a team to travel to Perth for a preseason trial but why not try and get a lower level South African team to come over. The Force have traditionally been bad starters and I think they need to look at their preseason buildup. All the internal trials and contact sessions against local talent in WA isn't going to give you the preparation required for S15. The proof will come in a couple of weeks and I hope we start off by smashing the Tahs first up.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah it's a shame that we couldn't get better Pre-Season games. I think you'd get a pretty good turn out in Perth against say the Reds. I have a feeling someone said that the ARU usually contribute to the pre-season games and that they were holding out a bit this year.

I don't think it matters though. The Tahs will be a top 4 side this year and our chances of beating them in Sydney are slim to none.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I agree it may be hard to get a team to travel to Perth for a preseason trial but why not try and get a lower level South African team to come over. The Force have traditionally been bad starters and I think they need to look at their preseason buildup. All the internal trials and contact sessions against local talent in WA isn't going to give you the preparation required for S15. The proof will come in a couple of weeks and I hope we start off by smashing the Tahs first up.

If the mountain won't come to Mohammed then Mohammed must go to the mountain. The Force need to line up a tour to SA, stay for two weekends playing trials and bonding in the week between and then come back ready to hit the ground running.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The force wanted to play the rebels in Adelaide but the rebels wanted to play the reds instead.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The force wanted to play the rebels in Adelaide but the rebels wanted to play the reds instead.

I think that'd be nice. Adelaide has a nice little rugby community and if I was the Rebels I'd be playing a preseason and a home game there every year.

I'd create Adelaide specific membership packages (the trial, the season game, merch, and access to member specific online content) and squeeze a few extra dollars out.

There's certainly no harm in it.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Does anyone know about Dylan Sage? What position? Any info?
He is a winger from SA dont know a great deal about him there is a clip on the Force YouTube channel about him and the other Dillan from SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.