• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
It was bound to happen. Dick Brown won't make the Wallabies again and there is money on offer elsewhere. A shame to see a foundation player moving on but at least there is plenty of cover for him in the Force squad.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Who will be the main sponsor next season? Emirates are not, apparently.
They are still in talks looks like they may stay on but not at rhe major sponsor. Plenty of mining companys here in Perth FMG Force? Rio Tinto Force?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

You'd hope with the new CEO's background he would be very adept at sponsorship negotiations. Emirates have plenty of money so you'd suspect they feel they aren't getting bang for their buck after 8 years in a holding pattern waiting for the Force to take off.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
You'd hope with the new CEO's background he would be very adept at sponsorship negotiations. Emirates have plenty of money so you'd suspect they feel they aren't getting bang for their buck after 8 years in a holding pattern waiting for the Force to take off.

Emirates had a go at the Wallabies sponsorship a few years ago, I believe. Now that Qantas have a tie-up with Emirates, I wonder whether some sort of joint sponsorship might be on for the Wobbs.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hard to know. He hasn't played much rugby in the last few months. I know Digby is out, but you wouldn't want him undercooked.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If Emirates pull out I hope it doesn't go to a mining company. They will probably pull out of the sponsorship as soon as they have a bad year. The industry doesn't seem to offer long term funding for marketing. Chevron on the other hand seem to spend a lot in this area, they could be a possibility I suppose.

Anyway, maybe Bankwest could step up to the plate, they sponsor all the local comps? Or who knows, what if we can find some fish oil scam?

"The plankton oil emirates chevron bhp western force - brought to you by bankwest and rio"

T

TOCC

The major mining companies aren't usually involved in sponsoring sporting teams or competitions, it doesn't suit them.

They will align themselves with program's helping indigenous australians and politically motivated campaigns against new taxes, but the average Australian consumer isn't the target market, hence why advertising for them is rare.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
The major mining companies aren't usually involved in sponsoring sporting teams or competitions, it doesn't suit them.

They will align themselves with program's helping indigenous australians and politically motivated campaigns against new taxes, but the average Australian consumer isn't the target market, hence why advertising for them is rare.
Rio Tinto and the reds?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
With falling commodity prices and the capex boom peaked, it's likely that most mining companies won't be interested in splashing huge amounts of cash for sponsorships anway. The majors like BHP or Rio may be an exception, maybe.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What about the Hancock Prospecting Western Force?

That's sure to create a groundswell of support for the team across the country.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would say that bankwest would be a good bet. Already have great support for the Force and Grassroot rugby in WA would be a good match plus they have plenty of money!

T

TOCC

Rio Tinto and the reds?
Rio Tinto is the sponsor of the QRU's Indigenous program, this is more politically motivated then a genuine endeavour to spread their brand name.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
DHP was a steady player before he went overseas and has been a better steady player since, when I've seen him play for Biarritz.

He'll be steady went he comes back but he won't be a rainmaker.

The Force need backs who have X-factor but they also need players up front and out back who can make sure that they get the ball, as we realised when Nalaga and D. Smith didn't contribute as much as they should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.