• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I was really impressed by Ed Stubbs last night. He has some mongrel, espescially in Defence. Do we have him locked up for next year. If so, I reckon we should develop him as a scrumhalf.

CTM on the other hand showed why we haven't seen him. If he was 19 I would be saying try and develop his defence, but at 27 I would think that side of his game would be sorted if he was to make the next step.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What's the link between the Force and Norths in Sydney?

CTM, Corey Brown and Ben Matwijow all play there. Are there others?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Its DHP

Force brings Haylett-Petty back to Perth

Emirates Western Force has brought home another Perth local, with Dane Haylett-Petty signing with the club for the 2014 Super Rugby season.

The Durban-born, WA-raised outside back’s signature follows the return of Perth-born flyhalf/fullback Zack Holmes for next season.

Head Coach Michael Foley says bringing local talent like Holmes and Haylett-Petty back to Perth had been a focus for the organisation.

“We are determined to bring home quality Western Australian talent to represent the Force and we’re very pleased to have secured both Zack and Dane,” he said.

Read More: http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/905/ArticleID/9420/Default.aspx

Thats 4 Perth Boys Signed up for next year go Force!

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Good to see the force building the team around Western Australians like Godwin, Holmes, DHP and Longbottom. I imagine Turner, Burton and Hoskins will be in the EPS as well.

They must be pretty much on par with ACT now in pro players.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep, loving the fact there is some local product in the squad now. Given enough time you'll see it grow and grow. The good thing also is that the WA under age rep teams are performing better as times goes on too and that just feeds more candidates into the system.

And that is a good thing overall for Australian rugby.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Force still lack a really solid 13. Maybe stubbs will develop into the role, but they probably still need to sign someone else as well for depth.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
2014 Side

1. Cowan
2. Charles
3. Lomgbottom
4. Wykes
5. MMM
6. Hodgson
7. Alcock
8. McCalman

9. Alby
10. Holmes
12. Godwin
14. DHP
15. Morahan

16. Teesman
17. Manu
18. Falkner
20. Cottrell
21. Prior
22. SNK/Sias
23. Junior

Guys in Red no Signed yet for 2014 who i think should be.

I think we need a big man killer at lock maybe someone from SA.

If Cummins stays he takes the 11 if he goes we are fucked!

At top quility player at 13 is needed i would like the force to keep trying to get horne i think he would be great there outside of Godwin and Holmes.

things slowly taking shape and not looking half bad.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good to see the force building the team around Western Australians like Godwin, Holmes, DHP and Longbottom. I imagine Turner, Burton and Hoskins will be in the EPS as well.

They must be pretty much on par with ACT now in pro players.
Hopfully bring back Cruze aswell with the new Prob Requirements.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Force still lack a really solid 13. Maybe stubbs will develop into the role, but they probably still need to sign someone else as well for depth.

I agree. It would have been good to have kept Inman, but it wasn't to be. Maybe we should look at getting a youngster in there or convert The Badger into that role.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Kurandrani maybe with Smith Resigning he may be seeing abit of the becj next year esp if McCabe is converted into a 13

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
2014 Side

1. Cowan
2. Charles
3. Lomgbottom
4. Wykes
5. MMM
6. Hodgson
7. Alcock
8. McCalman

9. Alby
10. Holmes
12. Godwin
14. DHP
15. Morahan

16. Teesman
17. Manu
18. Falkner
20. Cottrell
21. Prior
22. SNK/Sias
23. Junior

Guys in Red no Signed yet for 2014 who i think should be.

I think we need a big man killer at lock maybe someone from SA.

If Cummins stays he takes the 11 if he goes we are fucked!

At top quility player at 13 is needed i would like the force to keep trying to get horne i think he would be great there outside of Godwin and Holmes.

things slowly taking shape and not looking half bad.

Cottrell and Manu are good enough to be starting I reckon. Teesman has played his best rugby this year as well so they might keep him on.

Don't reckon Rasolea has shown enough, but there is also not many other options.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I was right a few days ago :)

You're the man sudrugby - thanks for all your scoops from time to time.

It's good to see Zac Holmes and DHP will be playing together again, and both back in Perth.

I first saw them when they played in a Combined States Schools team in Canberra in 2007. Tala Grey was in the same side.

DHP's raw-boned strong running was noticeable then and Holmes looked like an outstanding all-round flyhalf, but I thought he would be too small to be a Super player.

Mind you, I thought the same about JOC (James O'Connor) when he was playing for Queensland Schools.

I would swap DHP and Morahan in the side quoted two posts ago. Like Gerrard was, DHP is not fast enough to play wing.

A lack of top speed is not a great attribute for a fullback on defence but, again like Gerrard could, he can overcome this by using superb positioning and a quick rugby brain.

On attack he knows where to run to get close to a faster runner and he will pass it early

Good players know what to do to cover their shortcomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.