• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
2014 Side

1. Cowan
2. Charles
3. Lomgbottom
4. Wykes
5. MMM
6. Hodgson
7. Alcock
8. McCalman

9. Alby
10. Holmes
12. Godwin
14. DHP
15. Morahan

16. Teesman
17. Manu
18. Falkner
20. Cottrell
21. Prior
22. SNK/Sias
23. Junior

Guys in Red no Signed yet for 2014 who i think should be.

I think we need a big man killer at lock maybe someone from SA.

If Cummins stays he takes the 11 if he goes we are fucked!

At top quility player at 13 is needed i would like the force to keep trying to get horne i think he would be great there outside of Godwin and Holmes.

things slowly taking shape and not looking half bad.

Why someone from SA.
We have a few huge locks in the academy that need a go. The only ones that get a real go out of the Academy's are the NSW boys.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Kyle Godwin is staying at the Force until the end of 2015.

He was already contracted until the end of 2014 so this is some great news. A good looking team for next year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That's great news for the Force.

The two games this week have at least provided an insight into some potential players for next year.

Ed Stubbs looks like he'll be useful next year and perhaps should be ahead of Jacobs and Stanley.

DHP is a definite starter next year at either wing or fullback and adds some quality to the outside backs.

Sam Norton Knight is worth keeping as a bench option and provides excellent defence. He was much better against the Lions than Ebersohn was against the Tahs.

Corey Brown showed great pace and looked useful. Whilst I don't see him as a certain matchday player every week he'd be a good person to have in the squad.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Kyle Godwin is staying at the Force until the end of 2015.

He was already contracted until the end of 2014 so this is some great news. A good looking team for next year.
The Force have made a mistake in the artical and announcement and have issues a correction.

He isnt Signed untill 2015.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................HE IS SIGNED UNTILL THE END OF 2016 EVEN BETTER!!!!!!

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
junior is becoming a good 13 option and i think you should stick with him
who is DHP?
i doubt cummins is going anywhere. good squad for next year, you guys will be tough to beat once you get that backline in shape.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
junior is becoming a good 13 option and i think you should stick with him
who is DHP?
i doubt cummins is going anywhere. good squad for next year, you guys will be tough to beat once you get that backline in shape.

If Cummins stays, I'd prefer to move him back to 13. Rasolea looked good on attack in his few games there but his defence might need a little work.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
i would prefer we chase Kurindrani HARD!!! they we would be in buisness.

9 Alby
10 Holmes
11 Cummins
12 Godwin
13 Kurindrani
14 DHP
15 Morahan

20 Prior
21 SNK/Sias/Burton
22 Haywood/Delit/Junior

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just on Cummins word on TWF is that he hasn’t signed with anyone but is waiting to see if the ARU will give him a Top Up.

Would be a real shame if they didn’t as he would more than like head overseas as well as a slap in the face to the Force for not coming to the Party to help keep one of their stars

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
I have read that two guys from the Stormers (or Western Province), Chris Heiberg (prop) and Marcel Brache (utility back) will be in Perth next year.
Probably another "bigger" name from the Stormers as well.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
i would prefer we chase Kurindrani HARD!!! they we would be in buisness.

9 Alby
10 Holmes
11 Cummins
12 Godwin
13 Kurindrani
14 DHP
15 Morahan

20 Prior
21 SNK/Sias/Burton
22 Haywood/Delit/Junior
This backline looks like a big improvement compared to this year's one, both Holmes and Morahan are way better than the players we have in these positions now. We only need a reliable 13 and there'll be no excuses for poor backline tactics.
I have said for a long time Force should target valuable players from other Australian franchises that are on the bench on a regular basis for a reason or another. Maybe Kuridrani won't travel to Perth beacuse he's becoming White's first choice in the Brumbies, but Brumbies, Reds and Waratahs are full of players of this kind: McCabe, Andrew Smith, A. Fainga'a, Rob Horne, Harris, Kingston just to name a few that come into my mind.
Anyway, we're talking too much about the backline, forgetting we have problems in the forwards as well. Am I perhaps the only one not to be satisfied with it?

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
herald sun and affiliated papers reporting that force CEO is resigned to losing cummins as they can't match the offer he's gotten from france.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't understand who the force are spending their money on. It's not like their squad is chock full of star players.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't understand who the force are spending their money on. It's not like their squad is chock full of star players.

Same rule applies to the Western Force as does in the Mining community.

FIFO

If you want all these athletes to move West away from their families then a premium must be paid. Honestly who wants to live in Perth? (EastCoastJAB)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes its true we have to spend big to get players here and the standard of player who comes here then doesnt get any top up from the aru so thats why force need to pay big.

Another reason why the top up system should be scrapped and that money given to the clubs to really create an even playing field. Wont happen though.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.