• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lacey and Burton will only be 20 next year. I don't think they are quite ready to step up and play Super Rugby yet and if they aren't, don't put them in the EPS. I'd put Ollie Hoskins in there though.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Only they aren't and it is unfair to place that expectation on them. They aren't likely to run off somewhere else. Let them have the time to develop.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Well if they are not going to be signed then I think they should leave Perth club rugby isn't really the best conveyor belt for talent. Send them to Shute shield let them test their metal.

I honestly don't think Godwin was that much better than burton at that age, but Godwin got thrown in the deep end early and had to swim. And ifs memory serves me correctly Godwin did not set the world on fire at all at the JWC were burton was actually in my eyes impressive

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well if they are not going to be signed then I think they should leave Perth club rugby isn't really the best conveyor belt for talent. Send them to Shute shield let them test their metal.

I honestly don't think Godwin was that much better than burton at that age, but Godwin got thrown in the deep end early and had to swim. And ifs memory serves me correctly Godwin did not set the world on fire at all at the JWC were burton was actually in my eyes impressive

If we are talking about Burton then yes i agree he should be given an eps spot along with ollie. Lacey still has away to go.

Godwin whilest not a world beater was still very good a the jwc but most ppl associate his games with his goal kicking which was crap.

He then came back and showed what he can do against the saders.

I think another factor with the next crop of boys in Perth is that they grew up wanting to play with the force. You just have to look at ollies facebook page to see his passion for the force so i think they may stay around longer in Perth trying to crack it before looking else where.

These boys are all still under 20 so there isnt a huge rush their time will come.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)

I think both Lacey and Burton would be better off in Perth. They will still learn in Perth Club Rugby and they will be able to get better feedback and support from the Force Academy set up than on their own in NSW or QLD. It may also mean that they will be less likely to come back. Both players are likely to be brought back into the Aussie U20s next year. If the Super B goes ahead in any form, they will also get game time there.

I agree with Gaffa. Godwin's goalkicking was/is woeful but his play as an inside back showed a maturity beyond his years and his core skills were very solid. Our problem at that JWC was poor coaching selections and ourpack wasn't up to scratch and so we were outplayed by Argentina and we got torn apart by France.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think they've done well scouting a few saffers looking for a super rugby opportunity. But after watching last night's game, I'm wondering if there's any Argentine players looking for a super rugby spot. We'd be a good fit for them.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Has to be Cummins surely.

I think on paper the force squad is approaching the strength of the Brumbies sqaud at the start of 2012. But I highly doubt they will go as far this season as the brumbies did in 2012.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Could also be JOC (James O'Connor) as he could be considered a Re-signing but ill be more than happy if it is Cummins!

But prob will be let down and it will be Delit or someone like that.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Update

2014 Squad So Far
1. Chris Alcock 2014
2. Phoenix Battye 2014
3. Junior Rasolea 2014
4. Nathan Charles 2014
5. Angus Cottrell 2014
6. Pek Cowan 2014 - Wallaby Caps
7. Sias Ebersohn 2014 Development Player Spot
8. Kyle Godwin 2016