• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
I don't think O'Connor will be missed.

The Force are better off without him, and there will be more salary money available for the team now.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
I don't think O'Connor will be missed.

The Force are better off without him, and there will be more salary money available for the team now.

Would they have offered him that much money?
I would have loved to see him at the Force(or any state), I don't really care that much about his rap sheet

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cooper Vuna sign at the Stormers
Stormers look abroad - again

2013-11-19 11:34

Cape Town - Wallaby wing Cooper Vuna has reportedly agreed to join the Stormers for next year's Super Rugby competition.

Tuesday's Cape Times reports that the Stormers have managed to secure the signature of the former Melbourne Rebels speedster - and that he could arrive for pre-season training as early as next week.

The 26-year-old Vuna, who played two Tests for Australia last year, will be a replacement for Bryan Habana (now playing at Toulon in France) and fight it out for a spot in the team with Cheslin Kolbe.

The former Tongan Rugby League star left the Rebels in July this year to play for the Toshiba Brave Lupus in Japan.

Vuna will be the second overseas player joining the Stormers with Argentine lock Manuel Carizza also set to join.

Meanwhile, the hunt for a scrumhalf continues as it appears that the Cape side is struggling to attain the services of Argentine Nicolas Vergallo.

Vergallo, who represented the Kings in this year's Super Rugby competition, is currently playing for French side Lyon as a "medical joker" (replacing an injured player).

The Stormers, who finished seventh in this year's Super Rugby competition, will start their pre-season preparations next Monday.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Have you heard about this guy who has apparently signed with the Western Force?

http://www.unionsportsgroup.com/rugby-players/seniors/307-brynard-stander
Havent see anything out of the Force about this.

We have 1 spot left with JOC (James O'Connor) heading north and i think we need a backrower but i would say he is with the wider training group there is a heap of saffas here atm in that compasity.

There has neen talk about rocky coming here whichbi wouldnt be against if his body is right.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would be against it. He'd be around for 2 years and then piss off. He's 30 and the last time he played down here it was clear that he is past it. Larkham subtly sent a barb in his direction a few week ago, and the way I figure it, if Larkham thinks you're a dick, you probably are. We'd be better off investing for the time when Matt Hodgson leaves. I'd be pressing pretty hard on the likes of Pat Sio and Jack Dempsey. Young guys but they will be bloody tops in a few years.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I sent a msg to the force on facebook and this was the response

"Brynard is not contracted at this stage but is training with the team."

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is the involvement of Braam van Straaten a good thing? I didn't think that his skype style worked very well with the Wallabies but was that personnel related rather than delivery?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/rugby-union/a/20396174/force-boot-out-inaccuracy/
I guess a fresh set of eyes can never be a bad thing even if it is over the net. It didn't work that bad with the wallabies there was a time there when JOC (James O'Connor) was a top class kicker so who knows we shall see next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I guess a fresh set of eyes can never be a bad thing even if it is over the net. It didn't work that bad with the wallabies there was a time there when JOC (James O'Connor) was a top class kicker so who knows we shall see next year.

Same eith Gits

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I was done with christmas prep and made a 23 for the other aussie teams, so here's one for the 2014 Force:

1 Pek Cowan
2 Heath Tessmann
3 Salesi Manu
4 Sam Wykes
5 Hugh McMeniman
6 Angus Cottrell
7 Matt Hodgson (c)
8 Ben McCalman
9 Alby Mathewson
10 Zack Holmes
11 Nick Cummins
12 Kyle Goswin
13 Marcel Brache
14 Patrick Dellit
15 Luke Morahan

16 Nathan Charles
17 Chris Heiberg
18 Tetera Faulkner
19 Wilhelm Steenkamp
20 Chris Alcock
21 Ian Prior
22 Sias Ebersohn
23 Ed Stubbs

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I was done with christmas prep and made a 23 for the other aussie teams, so here's one for the 2014 Force:

1 Pek Cowan
2 Heath Tessmann
3 Salesi Manu
4 Sam Wykes
5 Hugh McMeniman
6 Angus Cottrell
7 Matt Hodgson (c)
8 Ben McCalman
9 Alby Mathewson
10 Zack Holmes
11 Nick Cummins
12 Kyle Goswin
13 Marcel Brache
14 Patrick Dellit
15 Luke Morahan

16 Nathan Charles
17 Chris Heiberg
18 Tetera Faulkner
19 Wilhelm Steenkamp
20 Chris Alcock
21 Ian Prior
22 Sias Ebersohn
23 Ed Stubbs
Good looking team would prob have steenkamp in front of wykes and maybe junior at 13 or at least in front of Stubbs can't wait for next year!

Also I can't see Tessmann starting in front of Charles if he can find the form he was in 2012 but Tessmann was great this year so we have good depth there with young Able in the wings.

Longbottom will also be in the 23 he is a very underrated prop and he is only getting better with age will be the first Perth boy to crack 50 matches this year.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Looks like this will be the final signing next year just waiting on paperwork before being announced.

Brynard Stander looks a bit like a young Pocock could be a good prospect any bokke fans got any info on this guy?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Looks like this will be the final signing next year just waiting on paperwork before being announced.

Brynard Stander looks a bit like a young Pocock could be a good prospect any bokke fans got any info on this guy?

From that video I would say he is more like a young Louw or Vermeulen - he seems to have the attacking style of an Australian 6 rather than an openside, though he looks to be 7 material based on his defending style. I know these were only demo highlights from under 19 games but the guy has a bit of class about him.

M

Moono75

1 Pek Cowan
2 Heath Tessmann
3 Salesi Manu
4 Sam Wykes
5 Hugh McMeniman
6 Angus Cottrell
7 Matt Hodgson (c)
8 Ben McCalman
9 Alby Mathewson
10 Zack Holmes
11 Nick Cummins
12 Kyle Goswin
13 Marcel Brache
14 Patrick Dellit
15 Luke Morahan

16 Nathan Charles
17 Chris Heiberg
18 Tetera Faulkner
19 Wilhelm Steenkamp
20 Chris Alcock
21 Ian Prior
22 Sias Ebersohn
23 Ed Stubbs

Looking for a breakout season from Cottrell after injury and I think you need to play Junior from the bench to continue his development. He could be a very handy player with a year of S15 under his belt.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
From a French website specialized on Japanese Rugby, it seems that Michael Leitch (born in NZ) could sign for the Western Force soon. He is a flanker.

Status
Not open for further replies.