• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
as Gaffa has just said, the club is not prohibiting him from playing for Oz. They are more than happy for him too.

The issue is the ARU's stance on not picking OS based players. So he needs to play Super Rugby to be eligible and that's where his Japanese club is drawing the line.

But can anyone confirm whether or not a club under an IRB affiliated Union can contractually prevent a player from international selection during Test Windows. Pretty sure the ARU would stop their Super Rugby players if they could but Adam Byrnes and Eddie Aho went and did it anyway. Probably should be in a different thread though, sorry.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
But can anyone confirm whether or not a club under an IRB affiliated Union can contractually prevent a player from international selection during Test Windows. Pretty sure the ARU would stop their Super Rugby players if they could but Adam Byrnes and Eddie Aho went and did it anyway. Probably should be in a different thread though, sorry.

Giteau retired from test rugby when he went to Toulon. George Smith did the same at one point (before unretiring).

I have no idea on the IRB specifics but the retirement from test rugby factor certainly seems to be a factor with some players.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I am almost certain the clubs must release players to international duty in designated the test windows, players can elect not to be available for tests though so there is room for under the table deals. There has been talk out of France of challenging this release period in the courts, as it is of questionable legality.

M

Moono75

2015 Jersey unveiled this Monday. Hold your horses....lock up your women......like the smell of napalm in the morning...this could be.....the smell of......victory. 2015 Super Rugby Champions go you Force!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Good for the Wallabies? You reckon he's better than Speight, JOC (James O'Connor), Horne, Tomane or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)?

Not as if the Tahs needed to be brought into this but I've got nothing wrong with leaguies brought over if they're Australian. I never liked the signings of Pakalani (but he's now Aus qualified) or Anesi anyway. The problem with Mitchell Scott is he'll 90% likely go back to NZ once he's contract is done.
To be fair his recent form at test level is miles better then all those apart from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Anyone else getting shitted off with a 2 week reveal of the 10 year Jersey. I haven't even been following it. I know it's off season and credit to the Force social media people for trying to stay in the spotlight. But 2 weeks is a bit much.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Anyone else getting shitted off with a 2 week reveal of the 10 year Jersey. I haven't even been following it. I know it's off season and credit to the Force social media people for trying to stay in the spotlight. But 2 weeks is a bit much.
So far

5924df4046b5390a5d9494f4a603cdd3.jpg

M

Moono75

Looks a bit odd to me. Side panels don't seem to match up with the front. For building up the hype around being the 10 year anniversary jersey it looks very much the same as most other years. I guess we'll find out Tuesday. Agree with Charger the 2 week gradual reveal just shits me off

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Seems like a similar concept to the Reds one, with a different texture pattern on the front:

New-Queensland-Reds-2015-Jersey.jpg

M

Moono75

Almost complete. Much the same. I guess the player input into the design was to add the yellow stripe?

Picture1.jpg

T

TOCC

Still no major sponsor for the force? Are they doing the individual jersey sponsorships again?

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
That appears to be the case. I believe it was rather successful last year, raising about the same amount of money but providing better engagement with the local community and also spreading the risk since you're not relying on one big sponsor. I'm a fan of the idea.

http://www.westernforce.com.au/partners/front-of-jersey-partners

Seems like something the Brumbies should be looking into, although I guess there's a few less local businesses in the ACT.

T

TOCC

I think its got some good benefits like you mentioned, although you do miss out on some of the cross promotion that you are likely to receive via a major sponsor. Waratahs gain a lot of exposure and publicity through their partnership with Volvo, likewise with St George and the Reds.

M

Moono75

Healthways have singed on as a back of jersey sponsor with the 'Alcohol Think Again' promotion.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is it just that image or is the home jersey several shades lighter than previous years? Not sure whether I really like it....

M

Moono75

Think its just that image, though the Blue has changed over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.