• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
They could do a lot worse than play a backline of :

Mathewson
Grant
Haylett-Petty
Godwin
Tapuai
Morahan
Lance

However I would prefer:

Mathewson
Lance
Rasolea/Nikora
Godwin
Tapuai
Morahan
Haylett-Petty

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Taps and Godwin are both essentially No 12s. Looks like one will have to cool his heels again out in the 13 spot this year. Although, Coach Foley might have ideas that don't involve either one I suppose.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Club, team, franchise. Loosely used terms.

Obviously not an amateur club where you can join and play but there can still be memberships. Yanks started the idea over a 100 years ago and they referred to franchise clubs.
In SA there is a big differense between club and S15 franchise.

T

Train Without a Station

Paarl it's an Australian thing. NRL and AFL teams are known as "clubs" and the franchises are often referred that way due to them being the rugby equivalent.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Personally I'll take Grant anyday before Sias. He never play deep, is a good defender and distributor. He is your classic 10/12 type of player. Never a kicking type of flyhalf.

Haven't seen him play in a few years, but I recall him having a decent running game and pretty stout defense, as opposed to being nothing more than a "kickbot". that may have changed over the past two years, but I think it's a mistake to cast him in the same mold as Sias (but older).

T

TOCC

Top 14 club Brive tried to sign Wilhelm Steenkamp but the Western Force denied his release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Madness. He was behind Wykes in the pecking order this year, that's pretty damning stuff. I'd rather try and develop Rory Walton and see if we can get a pair of young abrasive Aussie locks working for us.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Its a waste of a marquee spot really, if he doesnt want to be there.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
What is Godwin? He's a light weight with limited play making skills and lacks explosive force.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
That's a bit out of the blue. I guess Foley would have a pretty good idea about these things. Heath Tessman was unwanted elsewhere but he has been pretty bloody good off the bench for us. Plenty of impact.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
That doesn't really make sense unless one of the other Hookers is going. I'd be disappointed for Harry Scoble to not be looked upon as our 3rd Hooker before we buy in Sexton.

Status
Not open for further replies.