• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's mind boggling that the Force aren't treated as a South African team in the Australasian conference. They should have a 2 or 3 week tour of NZ to play all their away games there in one hit.

I don't know whether it would be preferable but they should also be given the option of two week tours to the East Coast of Australia. The question would be whether they would spend the week away from home between say Reds and Waratahs away matches or whether they would return home for four or five days.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The first 5 weeks and the Perth Tokyo Perth are the two periods of scheduling stupidity.

The problem is that for Kiwi and SA teams Perth is used as a stop over from SA. This means when someone is doing this trip the Force get dent back to Perth.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I agree that in the early weeks the P>B>P>NZ is pretty rough. However the P>Tokyo>P is very sensible. Long trip, but virtually no timezone changes, should have been a non-stopper too. They had to travel to Tokyo; IMO this was the best way to do it.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
It would just be nice to have a handful of home games in our first set- what did we have 2 in the first 6 games? That is a good year- last year it was something like 1 in the first 5.

All Oz or NZ teams that have to travel from RSA to Argentina in consecutive weeks should have a bye afterwards- anything else is just plain stupid.

Ryphon

Allen Oxlade (6)
It's mind boggling that the Force aren't treated as a South African team in the Australasian conference. They should have a 2 or 3 week tour of NZ to play all their away games there in one hit.

Spot on. People have been saying this for years but the Force are constantly shafted. Surely the ARU have to address this and work for the Force here. At least I hope they do.

Any rumblings of a coach yet? Can't see any big signings without someone decent coming in.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Matwijow signing up on force website now all official.

And that is a fantastic buy. I'm not meant to be, because of our lock depth, but I AM irritated that we let that one go.

Lock him in guys, stop his enforced travelling. This Lock is a keeper.

Reactions: mst
T

TOCC

And that is a fantastic buy. I'm not meant to be, because of our lock depth, but I AM irritated that we let that one go.

Lock him in guys, stop his enforced travelling. This Lock is a keeper.

Good guy and good addition to the Force roster, but Reds have the best lock depth in the country, there was simply no room for him.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Would have loved to have seen an International Coach in Meyer or Lancaster take the Force on, though I think the ARU are again pushing for an Aussie.

Reds got Stiles....hmm. Word is MOC wants to go back to Europe?

Matt Taylor would be a great prospect for the Force. Defence under Ewen for Reds win and now with international experience.

Also Wisemantel. Loads of Backs/Attack experience. Would love to see him as the Reds new backs coach but another good option.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
I'd like to see the Force appoint a Head Coach with experience at the top level. The Force need to start winning to retain memberships and stay viable. I give the Force credit for wanting to keep the fans informed:

Dear Todd,
As we go through this period without a Head Coach we wanted to keep you updated on the progress.
As such we are delighted to invite you to a Member Evening on Wednesday, 3 August at which we will share with you where we are up to in the recruitment process. We hope that this evening will be the start of a monthly Member event giving you the opportunity to hear about a range of topics including introductions to new players, squad movements and the development of the Future Force.
I hope you can join us at the first event in two weeks. Please see below for the full details and how to confirm your place.

Member Evening, Wednesday, 3 August
An update on the Head Coach recruitment process
Followed by Q&A with the CEO6.30pm - 8.00pm
Western Force HQ, 203 Underwood Avenue, Floreat

To confirm your place, please RSVP by Monday, 1 August.

Yours in rugby,

Mark Sinderberry
CEO Western Force
spacer.gif

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
^^^^now that is fan engagement, and if it genuine and used effectively will be a powerful tool.

Dazzling

Frank Nicholson (4)
I thought Richard Hardwick also showed plenty of promise in the limited game time he had at the end of the season. Seemed to have the skills and a good tough attitude to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.