• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Rugby Union

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^Trying to understand the reasoning behind IRB (World Rugby) decisions sometimes requires some left field thinking.

OP deleted.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
We really need the Wallaroos to start touring Europe and North America this time of year. The only way they will improve is to play more international rugby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WRWC kicks off on 9 August so you're rapidly running out've time. It's pretty clear that NZ & Canada see these matches as their main WRWC prep, England etc have this & the W6N so it's pretty much just your lot doing nothing which is odd, I'd have thought they'd want to try to transfer some of the Rio interest across to XV's. Could be a $$$ issue, maybe.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
We really need the Wallaroos to start touring Europe and North America this time of year. The only way they will improve is to play more international rugby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really have to agree with this. As I understand things there are 4 tests being proposed. Details sketchy the last time looked for detail.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Came home from work today and my 9 year old daughter says. 'Dad, I've decided I don't want to play netball next year'.
I was about to start a rant about needing to play a team sport, but I stopped myself.
....... and she said 'Dad, I want to play rugby next year.'
I hugged her. Tears streamed down my face.
All is good in the world.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Came home from work today and my 9 year old daughter says. 'Dad, I've decided I don't want to play netball next year'.
I was about to start a rant about needing to play a team sport, but I stopped myself.
... and she said 'Dad, I want to play rugby next year.'
I hugged her. Tears streamed down my face.
All is good in the world.

Same thing with my daughter, after her two older brothers chose to play AFL and league respectively, alas she did her ACL in her 3rd game much to her mum's consternation, and has not played since :(

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ that would be great, women's matches are about all of the Auckland 9's I can stomach so I'd probably give women's 10's a burl.........

Jamie8

Herbert Moran (7)
^^^^^^^ that would be great, women's matches are about all of the Auckland 9's I can stomach so I'd probably give women's 10's a burl...

Heard today there's no NZ team involved - it's going to be QLD Women v NSW Women with two matches to be played - one on the Saturday and one on the Sunday.