• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WTC and Ashes 2023

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Murphy dropped for Green. No other changes.

Trafford has traditionally spun so I can't help feeling this is a mistake. Both for the test and Murphy's career. I don't think Green demands selection frankly.

Forecast is improving however and we only just lost to them despite conditions going their way all match which makes me more confident.
Hoff in for Boland.

Think some of the rationale is weather forecast, and not likely to be a spinning wicket, and head will be able to send some tweakers down.

I sort of agree with you - Green's not exactly tearing up before he got injured.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think we've opted to bolster the batting and avoid any major collapses. It's the safer option but not necessarily one that will win us the test match. I think Pat's said to England: go ahead, make all the running here lads.

I'm not a fan of having no spinner, but England barely have one either.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
We're batting first. Stokes sent us in and you can see why. With the weather forecast he wants to see if he can get 20 wickets in a hurry and take the conditions out of the equation. It's up to us to bat at least today and hopefully into tomorrow to reduce their chances.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I know.

Starc has been out there for 70 balls... If these 2 can occupy the crease and just take every run on offer who knows. Cmon Starc get to 45 and Cummins a solid 30 and the hof to get us 10

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
If we were 5/6 down for a tick over 300, that'd be Australia's day. It's a pity no one really kicked on.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
A lot of the press are slanting towards giving England the honours for the day based on the deck but I'm not unhappy with 300 given the scores in this series so far. I do however remain pissed we dropped our spinner as there's purchase there.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I want more runs because I feel like England would be comfortable batting for a day and just equalling a score and declaring to make it a shoot out.

The weather doesn't look to be bad enough to get a no result. Day 4 looks to be the worst and a bit of rain on 5. This game is going to be very far ahead of schedule by the end of Day 3

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Frustrating. If we were 5 or 6 down at stumps I'd be stoked with being sent in and having that total on the board after day 1. I feel we're at least 50 runs short of where we need to be, but we at least avoided being shot out for 200.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Im feeling similar. Feeling a bit nostalgic thinking about better batting in the past from Aus