• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WTC and Ashes 2023

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
This is getting flipping ridiculous.

The way we are bowling, we may as well declare straight away when we get in or tell everyone to step on their stumps. Not even trying to get them out

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
That last 45 minutes was the worst bowling of an already shoddy bowling innings by Australia

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, I think they’ll get at least 30 overs at us over 2 days.

If someone wants to be be a legend and go get a 100 here you’ll never get a better chance. You’ll be able to milk this shit at sports lunches forever.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Under any normal match scenario we are utterly and irredeemably fucked, but the weather may save us. Not that we in any way deserve to escape here. We've over the course of the last three days copped the worst flogging by an opposition that I can remember over probably the last decade.

I could understand the selections and essentially playing not to lose in a way, but they've backfired here. England on the other hand chose Woakes and Wood and those two lads have elevated their team and will likely decide the series now.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Assuming Aus lose, or are eight or nine down when the rain comes to save them, does Warner finally get dropped? Gotta say I'm over watching him walk off with that incredulous look on his dial like he's just fallen victim to the most perfect ball ever bowled since the previous one he got out to.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Under any normal match scenario we are utterly and irredeemably fucked, but the weather may save us. Not that we in any way deserve to escape here. We've over the course of the last three days copped the worst flogging by an opposition that I can remember over probably the last decade.

I could understand the selections and essentially playing not to lose in a way, but they've backfired here. England on the other hand chose Woakes and Wood and those two lads have elevated their team and will likely decide the series now.
Recency bias. We've been spanked as recently as the tour to India.

On the weather:

1689985254355.png

Today will be completely rained out it seems. However, tomorrow:

1689985297619.png

They may just sneak in some overs in the afternoon. Enough to get 6 wickets?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Assuming Aus lose, or are eight or nine down when the rain comes to save them, does Warner finally get dropped? Gotta say I'm over watching him walk off with that incredulous look on his dial like he's just fallen victim to the most perfect ball ever bowled since the previous one he got out to.
I've read that he's never been dropped, outside sandpapergate. Which is crazy, really, considering how many times Khawaja has been dropped.

I'd also drop Green. Those two are basically playing for the other side.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
Recency bias. We've been spanked as recently as the tour to India.

On the weather:

View attachment 16928

Today will be completely rained out it seems. However, tomorrow:

View attachment 16929

They may just sneak in some overs in the afternoon. Enough to get 6 wickets?
What are our feelings on this? Rain being something I sledge English people about all the time - I would have no shame at all in being saved by it.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

I'm struggling to work out how he hasn't already been dropped. All of the indicators should have been there for the selectors to give him the bullet, but somehow he's survived. He's so clearly past his best, has made one good score in the last nearly three years and has a terrible record in England and against Broad. I feel like nearly ANY other player would have been gone ages ago.