• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WTC and Ashes 2023

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well it was exactly the same as Starc's catch at Lord's - glad right result for both catches was reached.

To be fair to Stokes, he was probably pressured by the Fielders in front of the wicket - maybe they thought it was given not out because Wilson incorrectly thought Smith didn't hit it

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Well, they're off. Don't think DLS comes into it for tests
Yeah it doesn't, was hoping I deleted that before anyone saw it ;) - impeccable brain fart suggesting it's bed time. Fully prepared to wake up to a washout and Piers Morgan working himself into a lather

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Big collapse. I blame all those fair weather fans who went to bed.

And Woakes who has been superb.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Massive collapse - we got so close.

What does everyone think about Broad's bail swapping thing?
I’m not saying a thing. I think commenting / complaining on such a thing is best left to the Poms. We lost because we didn’t bat well enough esp in the first innings. We need our top order to be scoring 100’s and that hasn’t happened in the last 3 tests. We scored 100’s in the first 2 tests and we won. Coincidence?

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
That is deflating.

Credit where it's due, England finished the series better than we did. I think in hindsight however we should have been more willing to try things. We were pig headed in our conservative tactics when genuine balance was called for.

Not playing a spinner really hurt us in the fourth test and we probably needed to rest Cummins at some point during the series. England has done a better job at building squad depth than just about any nation in all international formats.

We basically did the same thing every test for 6 test consecutive test matches in a very short period of time. No wonder we looked relatively powerless at times later in the campaign.