• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 EOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Thats it Higgers should get right for next season and come out swinging for the reb's and wallabies. Give the guys on tour more experience.

Next Year I could see a pack like this.

Slipper/Moore/Alexander
Fardy Horwill
Mowen Pocock
Higgers

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Ireland squad for your visit has been announced:

Backs: Isaac Boss (Leinster), Tommy Bowe (Ulster), Gordon D'Arcy (Leinster), Keith Earls (Munster), Robbie Henshaw (Connacht), Paddy Jackson (Ulster), David Kearney (Leinster), Rob Kearney (Leinster), Ian Madigan (Leinster), Luke Marshall (Ulster), Fergus McFadden (Leinster), Conor Murray (Munster), Brian O'Driscoll (Leinster), Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster), Jonathan Sexton (Racing Metro 92)
Forwards: Stephen Archer (Munster), Rory Best (Ulster), James Coughlan (Munster), Tom Court (Ulster), Sean Cronin (Leinster), Declan Fitzpatrick (Ulster), Cian Healy (Leinster), Jamie Heaslip (Leinster), Chris Henry (Ulster), Mike McCarthy (Leinster), Jack McGrath (Leinster), Kevin McLaughlin (Leinster), Sean O'Brien (Leinster), Paul O'Connell (Munster), Peter O'Mahony (Munster), Mike Ross (Leinster), Mike Sherry (Munster), Devin Toner (Leinster), Dan Tuohy (Ulster)

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Thats it Higgers should get right for next season and come out swinging for the reb's and wallabies. Give the guys on tour more experience.

Next Year I could see a pack like this.
Fixed

Slipper/Moore/Alexander
Pyle Horwill
Mowen Pocock
Higgers

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Im surprised we all agree on the front row.

But for me
Fardy Horwill
Mowen Pocock
Higgers

right blend Pyle needs to start from the bench

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
The back 5 being tossed around is pretty good overall. I would be happy with a 4/6 of either Fardy/Mowen or Pyle/Fardy or Pyle/Mowen.

What does trouble me is our front row. To me, we seem to have 2/3 of the front row sorted with Robinson and Moore. Christ I wish we had a proper tighthead to anchor the scrum, rather than either a makeshift or pretend tighthead.

And proper backups too. Basically I am lamenting our lack of depth of genuine frontrow forwards.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
The back 5 being tossed around is pretty good overall. I would be happy with a 4/6 of either Fardy/Mowen or Pyle/Fardy or Pyle/Mowen.

What does trouble me is our front row. To me, we seem to have 2/3 of the front row sorted with Robinson and Moore. Christ I wish we had a proper tighthead to anchor the scrum, rather than either a makeshift or pretend tighthead.

And proper backups too. Basically I am lamenting our lack of depth of genuine frontrow forwards.
I'm hoping Paddy Ryan comes through.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm hoping Paddy Ryan comes through.

I'm also hoping but there's no real foundation to that hope. When Ryan has impressed it has been out in the open. He has not yet shown an ability to dominate other Super loose-head props in his outings so far, and internationals are a huge step up from there for a front rower.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought that Kepu was definitely the no. 1 scrummaging TH for the Tahs by the end of the Super Rugby season. Ryan struggled against a couple of teams when he came off the bench. Ryan was more noticeable for his strong carries.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I'd actually consider dropping Horwill. He is out of form
TOCC

considered that, but gave him the benefit of the doubt as is captain and a friggin good player when at best. Really think that he realises that he is under pressure from both aspects so i expect to see him back at best

time will tell.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd actually consider dropping Horwill. He is out of form

That's a tough one. If we had better replacements, maybe you'd drop him or at least bench him. Given the way our pack is performing at the moment, I don't like the idea of say Simmons and Timani starting. It's not like when Rocky Elsom was in shit form and we had Scott Higginbotham waiting in the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.