• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Sage that was Tyler Campbell in the Baba's. I don't recall Stewart making any of the teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He did play against nz schoolboys. Think you'll find that he kicked a goal or two; and made a few runs.

Think Tyler was originally selected in the schoolboys side not ba bas

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Again I agree with what your saying Silverado. However think back to those test matches in 2015; McGregor was in the first team and Stewart was in the bar bars.

For mine (and for whatever reason or whatever happened, as I don't know) the bar bar side had a much superior results and played better as a team. Why I don't know, but McGregor didn't have time and didn't have the scope that he enjoys today. Stewart did play better and directed better imho. And I think that still holds today; either way a Scotsman descendent will hold the position ;)

Fair call. I guess with 2 hard games to go for both the selectors will have the last say. They should both get in, with the likes of Jooste and Moseley perhaps playing 12 or 15

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Fair call. I guess with 2 hard games to go for both the selectors will have the last say. They should both get in, with the likes of Jooste and Moseley perhaps playing 12 or 15

I like the qld, nsw & rebels 15's at this stage. I think the next two games will give us something to chat about and sort out more of these issues; and ofc we still have the final.

Early call qld v rebels for the final

CNorth

Herbert Moran (7)

Question will jooste really make it?? Hasn't shown any of the hype.
Clements looked the goods at 15

Thoughts?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
He did play again nz schoolboys think he kicked a goal or two.

Hamish played for the Baba's in game 1. Tyler Campbell moved up to reserve for the Aus team game 1 after Moseley was ruled out injured but played in the second Baba's game where he was originally selected. Tyler has been chosen in the NZ u20 training squad for 2017.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'd imagine that Tuipolotu has one hand on a center jersey, based on selection in two underage seasons, two games in the seniors and a very good performance today.

With a few other quality boys in the centers, is there room for a Jooste or a Mosley being selected as 12s?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
To be honest I don't think he will make it again this year.

I don't know if he's earned his spot yet either. Interesting after all the talk earlier that he might not play because he was going to be starting 10 for Brumbies.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'd imagine that Tuipolotu has one hand on a center jersey, based on selection in two underage seasons, two games in the seniors and a very good performance today.

With a few other quality boys in the centers, is there room for a Jooste or a Mosley being selected as 12s?
Tuipolotu would have a firm grip on the 12 jersey, not sure about who his bench partner will be I guess it depends on whether they go for a 10/12 type (Moseley/Stewart) or a big running 12 like Tony Hunt my guess is the former and will depend on who they pick for 10. Jayden Ngamanu should make the 15, the jury is still out on the 11, 13 & 14

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Tuipolotu would have a firm grip on the 12 jersey, not sure about who his bench partner will be I guess it depends on whether they go for a 10/12 type (Moseley/Stewart) or a big running 12 like Tony Hunt my guess is the former and will depend on who they pick for 10. Jayden Ngamanu should make the 15, the jury is still out on the 11, 13 & 14

We shouldn't forget the age eligible players involved in Super Rugby and 7s that may or may not be released for the JWC

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
And if we need outside backs then Hutchison and Kenewell if released by 7s. Is MacNamara still under 20s?

The Sevens tour only finishes the end of May in London a week before going on tour. Not sure if that would happen given that Hutchinson McNamara & Kenewell are regulars.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Sevens tour only finishes the end of May in London a week before going on tour. Not sure if that would happen given that Hutchinson McNamara & Kenewell are regulars.

Been a big fan of Hutchinson for years, and watching him play in the 7s regularly, his skills has definitely improved in the last couple of tournaments and given his body shape, he will easily slot in the 15 man game, his talents are too immense to pass up!

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Been a big fan of Hutchinson for years, and watching him play in the 7s regularly, his skills has definitely improved in the last couple of tournaments and given his body shape, he will easily slot in the 15 man game, his talents are too immense to pass up!
As a winger?

Status
Not open for further replies.