• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from yesterday:

Flickr or Facebook

33671897321_bf126d7582_z_d.jpg

33672050961_c8feda8239_z_d.jpg

33672141381_38e9e5545b_z_d.jpg

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
Edwards was brilliant.

I suspect he will get in the training squad after that, and anyway, injuries happen.

Good call Reg, the chat from some of the Reds20s boys was that Edwards got the Selector’s tap on the shoulder after the GF yest.
Well done to all the Super 20s teams & staff this year for producing some great rugby, I loved the return to Clubland venues as well. So off with the Reds20s supporters hat & on with the Aussie U20 supporters hat…

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
might be time for new trainers when your DONKIs out perform your PONIs
Don't really get your drift, however if you read my post I stated I can't talk for the other teams or their listed PONI's other than those identified in the Qld region. No doubt there were numerous players listed of interest. So before you comment on DONKI's, as you call it and Players of National interest (not players of Qld interest) get your facts together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Don't really get your drift, however if you read my post I stated I can't talk for the other teams or their listed PONI's other than those identified in the Qld region. No doubt there were numerous players listed of interest. So before you comment on DONKI's, as you call it and Players of National interest (not players of Qld interest) get your facts together.

I couldn't argue because it didn't make a lick of sense to me...I think I understand now, can we keep it less cryptic Rod?:)

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
I Didn't see Gall and Blithe in your list but they out performed the NSW players that are likely to be PONIs

I thought it was a compliment to Qld Players that stepped up in the absence of some 1st picked

and maybe a little dig at some other choices as Foghorn Leghorn would say
"the boy is as sharp as a wet liver"

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I Didn't see Gall and Blithe in your list but they out performed the NSW players that are likely to be PONIs

I thought it was a compliment to Qld Players that stepped up in the absence of some 1st picked

and maybe a little dig at some other choices as Foghorn Leghorn would say
"the boy is as sharp as a wet liver"

Was Gall the tight head prop that came in for Luka? Our scrum was bested yesterday so wouldn't say they out performed their opponents.

In saying that, I thought our 1 and their 3 were pretty active.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
The backs will be stacked by Reds, they truely dominated all comers. The pack should have fair mix from all franchises

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
The backs will be stacked by Reds, they truely dominated all comers. The pack should have fair mix from all franchises

Yeah the backs did combine well, glad Sam Edwards got a call up. The NSW backs did not look like a threat at any time. Thought the NSW 13 would make an impact as he has been highly punted by the media but they were ineffective really.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Yeah the backs did combine well, glad Sam Edwards got a call up. The NSW backs did not look like a threat at any time. Thought the NSW 13 would make an impact as he has been highly punted by the media but they were ineffective really.

Agree, 13 for NSW will be eligible next year and that will be his chance

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Well what a final for Qld; great game and good on the Bloo's for coming back when a complete rout was on the cards.
Had 3 new pundits (Wristman, TheHoneyBadger and NTT). Only NTT had the chocolates, the other guys well let's say thank god this is only for fun! There was only one winning ticket and that was Qld...
Golden Oracle for the week was Insideshoulder with his call on Stewart. Closely followed by Silverado who followed his head rather than his heart (always a hard call, but one that had to be made).
There were 5 perfect scores all earning 2 points for the round. They were: HTC (again), Silverado, NTT, Linespeed and me. The points difference was taken out by NTT with -5, followed by me -12 and Linespeed with -16..
This weeks results:
NTT 2/2 -5
Sage 2/2 -12
Linespeed 2/2 -16
HTC 2/2 -18
Silverado 2/2 -20
Wristman 0/2 -32
SidelineView 0/2 -33
Thehoneybadger 0/2 -44
To the totals Overall
Silverado 4/4 -21
Linespeed 4/4 -32
NTT 2/2 -10
linespeed 7/8 -67​
Sage 10/12 -110
HTC 10/12 -171
Farmer 2/3 -32
SlidelieView 2/4 -29.
Lightingrod 1/2 -37
RugbyMum2 2/4 -104
Wristman 0/2 -32​
TheHoneybadger 0/2 -44​
Well done Silverado the winner. Thanks for participating and thanks to HTC for being gracious in letting me beat him again and for the wishes from yesterday.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
In a final note for the moment (the HK 7's beckon me!), I want to give you my players of the "round robin" domestic series.

I put whom I think was the best player first, then the second and if he's likely to be injured the third. This is my opinion only and is biased towards QLD (yeee hawwww!)

1. Hoopert Q/Walker NSW
2. Maafu Q/Uelsese VIC
3. Vai WA/Luka Q Johnson Holmes NSW
4. Swain ACT/ Blyth Q / Haangana VIC
5. Hocking Q /
6. Scott-Young Q / Swinton NSW
7. Wright Q / Simpson NSW / Allen ACT
8. Girdler NSW / Hewat Q
9. Nucifora Q / Strang NSW
10. Stewart Q / McGregor VIC
11. Leaipepe VIC / Eadie Q
12. Hunt Q / Tuipulotu VIC
13. Riely Q / Ikitau ACT
14. Tupou VIC / Edwards Q
15. Ngamanu Q / Clarken VIC

Now I know that there are a number of contracted players that are injured or have been unavailable so they will, in my eyes, have to fight the above to gain their spot.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
My pick with a couple of changes to your Sage. I don't think Ngamanu is a 15 (no boot) he would be better suited on the wing outside of Riley.

1. Hoopert Q/Walker NSW
2. Maafu Q/Uelsese VIC
3. Vui WA/Johnson Holmes NSW/ Luka Q
4. Swain ACT/ Blyth Q / Haangana VIC
5. Hocking Q /
6. Scott-Young Q / Swinton NSW
7. Wright Q / Simpson NSW
8. Hewat Q / Girdler NSW
9. Nucifora Q / Goddard
10. Stewart Q / McGregor VIC
11. Leaipepe VIC / Eadie Q
12. Tuipulotu VIC / Hunt Q