• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Thoughts on Jed at 4?
Good no, isn’t that where he plays his best footy?

no reds in the starting team, only 2 on the bench.

Is this the most Victorians in a wallabies team ever? 4? Edit: probably not, with Paisami we’d have 5.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I'm guessing Neville wasn't right, so shifting Holloway to lock means we need Samu in the starting team to jump as McReight is too short.

@RugbyReg - here's a trivia question for you. Is this the shortest Wallabies team we've ever put out?

Across the board I'd be saying man-for-man, we're shorter than the All Black equivalent.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
While Jed's been playing pretty good at 4 for the Tahs, I'm not 100% convinced he'll do ok against Whitelock, Retallick and co. Happy to be proved wrong though

hawko07

Frank Nicholson (4)
I don't like this. McReight must be feeling very hard done by! (Gill reincarnate??...)
If I were Tate McDermott I'd really be kicking stones.

Outside of the front row 'finishers' I can't really see how they use the bench.
Two of holloway, phillip, leota will surely need to play the full 80?
Is Hodge there to cover 10-15? If so, who does Jordy Petaia come on for?

Real head scratcher for me

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
That looks like a mobile Wallaby team picked to play a fast paced game under the roof.

The All Black coaches didn't even realise Marvel had a roof until one of the players piped up earlier this week.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well just got back to motel and seen teams, pretty much as expected for ABs,Barrett to 6 as I think Akira and Sotutu are both looes type players and 1 is enough. Hope Sotutu has a good game, see if he can force his way onto bench for future games?
Wallabies, I haven't thought enough about to have strong opinion, but think Gordon a good selection.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The ABs have Brodie & Hoskins added and Akira off the bench, they will go through the middle when it gets hard

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
foley hasn't played since May.
What's the goss on Lolesio? Are there character issues behind the scenes? He's clearly able to match it with top teams - great series against France, arguably front-runners for the world cup, match winning show against the Boks. Unless he's injured, just pick and stick.

Edit: missed that he had a head knock last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.